Briana Haden: Jewelry Designer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Briana Haden is a jewelry, metalsmithing tack,  major at Towson. Her investment in art is simply amazing. Not only does she like to draw, paint and sculpt, but she also makes jewelry. Jewelry making isn’t just a hobby for her;  she has turned her skill into a booming business. Vinture, her jewelry making business, is not just her business, but her biggest hobby at the same time. She makes everything from bracelets to rosaries to necklaces and she even does face painting. Briana started making jewelry when she was in sixth grade and plans to do this for many years to come. She considers her business to be a part of her daily life as well as her schoolwork. 

“My business is my school work,” she said. “I’m learning a lot in my classes that are helping me improve my business. School and my business work hand and hand.” 

Her business is productive at the moment with sales and jewelry shows coming up. She keeps her inventory at a high level by trying to make at least five pieces a day for upcoming shows and emergency events where she may need a piece handy. She makes all of her pieces by hand to make sure that they are unique.

“If you buy jewelry from me you won’t see your specific piece on someone else,” she said. “All of my jewelry is customized to the customer’s liking. I do not do duplicates.”

Her prices vary depending on the complexity of the piece. Some of her work is exotic, while other pieces can be very simple. 

One of Briana’a pieces

She has a Facebook page set up under the name Vinture where people can check out her pieces and contact her about purchasing them. Being such a well-rounded person has helped her promote her business on campus as well as through other social events.

“I am very multi-talented,” she said. “If I could do everything that I would like to do [in life], I would. I never limit myself to just one thing because there are other things I can do as well. I definitely plan on making jewelry for a long time. I probably won’t stop until my life is over.”

Alexandra (Ali) Pannoni is a senior at Towson University majoring in journalism with a minor in theatre. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Her Campus Towson. As the Campus Celebrity columnist for Her Campus Towson, Ali has interviewed Country Music Superstar Chuck Wicks and Major League Baseball Player Casper Wells. In Spring 2012 she was an editorial intern with Baltimore magazine. Currently she is an intern for the nationally syndicated radio morning show, The Kane Show, heard locally on HOT 99.5 in Washington D.C. and Z104.3 in Baltimore.  You can view some of her published work for Baltimore magazine on her website. She loves reading magazines, (attempting) to run, and hanging out with friends and family.