Amazing Vegan Foods You Need To Try: My Staple Foods.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Hey Collegiettes!

I decided to share with you some of my staple Vegan foods. Whether you are going Vegan or just want to eat healther foods, I have some really yummy options. Enjoy.

1. Earth Balance cinnamon spread: This stuff is amazing! Before going Vegan, my favorite food was Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. Unfortunately, they aren’t Vegan and I was dissapointed I couldn’t find an alternative to the sweet cinnamony goodness without having to make my own (too much work if you ask me). I stumbled upon this at Safeway and fell in love. I put in on toast, fruit, bagels-you name it! On bagels and toast it tastes like I am eating a cinnamon roll and for that I couldn’t be happier.

2. Acai: I’m sure you have seen the Acai bowl trends and are probably sick and tired of hearing about them but let me just tell you this stuff is the real deal! (Don’t worry I haven’t instagramed mine yet!) I found mine at Safeway. I typically throw this baby into smoothies as a morning pick-me-up and I just love every sip. I throw in some other berries, almond milk and a banana — maybe some cocoa powder if I’m feeling a bit crazy and BAM! You’ve got yourself a hell of a breakfast smoothie. What’s cool about these is they taste amazing, are great for you and versatile. You can have it on it’s own in a smoothie or add things to it like I do, You can have an acai bowl, an acai sorbet or even eat it as a popsicle-plain and simple.

3. Portobello Mushroom Cap:These are by far my favorite type of mushrooms! You can grill them, bake them, fry them, stuff them or eat them plain. I usually grill mine, put it in a pita with avocado, tomatoes, sprouts, spinach, carrots, onions and some dijon mustard- delish. 

4. Medjool Dates: Who needs actual dates when you can have these babies?! I am telling you I am mad for Medjool. I have a very big sweet tooth and these Medjool dates seem to keep it at bay. I sometimes will eat them plain but recently I have been making “Dateorade”. You can thank Freelee The Banana Girl (link to her channel here) for introducing me to this amazing drink. All you need are dates (make sure to take the pits out!) PB2 (just use a tiny bit) and some cold water. Sounds really weird and simple but it tastes amazing, almost like a butterfinger and the best part is, it is SO good for you! I found my Medjool dates at Weis in case you weren’t sure where to look.

5. Amys Roasted Veggie Pizza: I cannot say enough about this pizza. It is the best pizza I have ever eaten-hands down. I was so happy to find a delicious alternative because I missed my pizza oh so much. Now I can completely enjoy a slice or two…or five. My sister is also hooked on this Pizza. Amy’s you have outdone yourself. I found my pizza at Weis and I know Giant also sells it. Trust me, after you have a slice you will be thanking me.

Well that wraps it up Collegiettes!

Until next time,

HCXO and bon appetit!

MaryKate is Co President of Towson University's Her Campus Chapter. She is a Senior Communication Studies Major and graduates December 2017. She enjoys Indie Rock music such as Young The Giant, Arctic Monkeys, House of Lions and Catfish and The Bottlemen, just to name a few. She also enjoys chai tea, thrift shopping, Hawaiian pizza and Netflix as much as the next girl.