8 Ways to deal with a breakup at school

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

It’s never really easy to end a relationship unless it is mutual. Even then things still seem different. You don’t talk to the person as much and sometime sseeing them can be awkward. No matter how hard things may seem, there are ways to make them better. Here are a few ways to help when dealing with a break up.

1. Be Social:: Meet new people or find a new hobby. Now is the perfect time to use the time you would have spent talking to him to talk to someone else, maybe someone who has a different perspective on life than you. You might even meet someone who can be special in the future but DO NOT RUSH THINGS.

2. Study: No need to get off of your school grind. Put a lot of focus into your school work. After all guys like beauty and brains, you might grab the attention of tha cutie in your Bio class with some info you learned about cell division.

3. Surround Yourself with Positive People: Your friends can be your best resource when dealing with any time you feel emotionally unstable. Good friends build you up, not tear you down.

4. Get Out: Take a trip to the mall, visit a friend’s dorm or attend an event on campus. There is nothing like clearing your mind for a few hours.

5. Go to the Gym: Working out is always a great way to relieve stress. Get on a treadmill or elptical to get your adrenalne going. Plus it’ll be great to show off a hot body once beach weather rolls around.

6. Get Enough Rest: Don’t waste time staying up at night worrying about “should of, could of, would of.” Cuddle up with your pillow and make it count!

7. Cry if you Need to: We spend too much time worried about our pride and feeling weak when sometimes we just need a good cry to let everything out. Watch your favorite tear-jerker to help. It can be a good cleansing of emotions.

8. Remember You’re not Alone: Plenty of college students are single and ready to mingle! We aren’t in the golden age of women who only came to college to get their “Mrs.” we’re here to get real degrees.