This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

As COVID-19 restrictions ease and spring has sprung, concerts are back in full swing at the relief of many. Live music holds an important place in the lives of countless people––and for good reason. Nothing quite compares to the experience of live music, and now it’s back. Music connects, inspires, entertains and changes lives. 

Live music matters, whether it be rock concerts, orchestras, or fireside jam sessions. There’s nothing quite like hearing your favourite song fill an arena, or listening to a new tune that will stick with you for good. No matter what sort of music you love, witnessing it live is an unparalleled experience. From secluded bars to sold-out stadiums, there are so many places and ways to enjoy music. 

Music connects us, and concerts serve as the setting for this bond. The connection we already hold, thanks to loving an artist, can come to life at a concert. Not only do we have the ability to meet new people who have a shared passion or love for music, but the opportunity to enjoy it together. You can feel the excitement when sitting in a room filled with those who are as thrilled to see a performance as you are. As the music sweeps over the crowd and fills the room, you can sense the fulfillment at hand and watch as the crowd becomes one, swaying and singing along with the show. 

Performances provide artists with an outlet for their craft. Concerts act as an opportunity to share their hard work, connect with an audience, and spread music to new people. For many musicians, performance is the heart of what they do. Entertaining a crowd while embodying their art is something so powerful it can’t be replicated over a screen. 

The concert experience enhances music so far beyond its recorded state. When listening to music live you can almost feel it! The pulsing bass and enchanting vocals not only fill the venue but your body, too. Many artists can embody their music when they perform, creating a mystifying display on stage. Watching someone sing, play and perform can be enchanting, inspiring, and a truly unforgettable experience. 

🥰 Related: Concerts After Covid: A Love Letter to Live Music
🥰 Related: Online Concerts- the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Nalyn Tindall

Toronto MU '25

Nalyn is a second year journalism student at Toronto Metropolitan University, originally from Camrose, Alberta. She is loving living in Toronto and can often be found exploring the city with her friends. When not at a concert or finding new places to eat or take photos, she's probably watching videos or listening to music. She has a love of house plants, her cat, and snacks, as well as a passion for politics and social change which have inspired her to pursue journalism.