This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Have you ever wondered which Taylor Swift era you are? Well, every zodiac sign matches an era, and here’s why. 

Taylor Swift is all anyone is talking about these days! With her Eras Tour, her new boyfriend, Travis Kelce, and the hints at a new album, she’s everywhere.

As Swift currently tours around the world, I’ve wondered which one of her eras I would be. Each of Swift’s ten hit albums has a signature aesthetic to go along with it, so by doing research, I’ve classified the 12 zodiac signs into which era represents them best. Going in chronological order, here is how to find out which Taylor Swift era you are in. 

Taylor Swift: Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18) 

As an Aquarius, you represent her debut era! This was her very first album, breaking her into the country music scene. In this era, she released some of her most iconic hits like “Tim Mcgraw” and “Our Song,” rocking her country roots and natural curly hair.

Just like Aquarians, she was not afraid to stand out and be herself, channelling one of Aquarius’ biggest traits of being shamelessly revolutionary. Aquarians are innovative and progressive, just like this album, as she was cementing her status in the music industry. With the album’s aesthetic coming off as very bohemian and country, it perfectly matches the humanitarian side of Aquarians with their bubbly and aloof nature. 

My top 5 Taylor Swift songs:

• “Our Song” 
  • “Picture To Burn” 
  • “Should’ve Said No”
  • “Tim Mcgraw” 
  • “Mary’s Song (Oh My My My)”

Fearless (Taylor’s Version): Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21) 

Swift’s sophomore album, Fearless (Taylor’s Version), gave her headliner status, which perfectly matches the traits of a Sagittarius. The era was filled with mini dresses, princess gowns and sparkles, giving that optimistic feel we all love about Sagittariuses. This album was bolder but no less romantic, with hit songs like “Love Story” and “You Belong With Me.” 

Sagittarians are the type of people who rely on luck and positivity, just as Swift herself did when trading in her cowboy boots for heels and finding her way in the industry. Swift herself is a Sagittarius, making this extra special. She also won her first Grammy with this album, and it was the first re-recorded album ever made!

My top 5 Fearless (Taylor’s Version) songs:

• “Love Story (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “You Belong With Me (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “Fearless (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “Fifteen (Taylor’s Version)”

Speak Now (Taylor’s Version): Leo (July 23 – Aug. 22) 

Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) is the first album she wrote entirely by herself, making it bolder than ever, the perfect match to Leos. She launched the Speak Now Tour with a dramatic stage presence with fireworks and costume changes, and who is more dramatic than a Leo? 

Leos love to be in the spotlight and are known for being theatrical, which connects perfectly with the songs “Better Than Revenge (Taylor’s Version)” and “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version).” Swift also dated Jake Gyllenhaal and had just gotten into the Kanye West drama, giving the album that fiery passion that is also in Leos.

Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) was her third re-recorded album, bringing this collection of songs even more to life than we expected, matching best with the entire vibe of a Leo. 

My top 5 Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) songs:

• “Sparks Fly (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “Better Than Revenge (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “Enchanted (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “Mean (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “Haunted (Taylor’s Version)”

Red (Taylor’s Version): Aries (March 21 – April 19) 

Isn’t it obvious that Aries matches the Red (Taylor’s Version) album? This album is so much more than a breakup album; it’s when Swift knew her brand more than ever, taking charge just like an Aries. Aries are bold and ambitious, much like this album, with pop songs like “22 (Taylor’s Version)” and long heartbreak songs like “All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault).” 

Aries are also impulsive and short-tempered, just as this album was a conflict between country and pop. The fiery attitude in Aries is prominent in songs of this album, such as “We Are Never Getting Back Together (Taylor’s Version)” and “I Bet You Think About Me (feat. Chris Stapleton) (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault).”

With her signature red lipstick and the Red World Tour, there is no wonder this is one of her best albums, and just like an Aries, it needs to be number one. 

My top 5 Red (Taylor’s Version) songs:

• “Red (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “I Bet You Think About Me (feat. Chris Stapleton) (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault)”
  • “All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault)”
  • “I Knew You Were Trouble (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “We Are Never Getting Back Together (Taylor’s Version)”

1989 (Taylor’s Version): Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19) 

Capricorns are authoritative people, which is why they are a great match to one of Swift’s most memorable albums, 1989 (Taylor’s Version).

This era was a game changer for her career, being her first true pop album. While making this album, she truly took charge of her image in the media with hard work and perseverance, just like a Capricorn. Capricorns love success and can be ruthless on their way to the top, just like the songs “Bad Blood (Taylor’s Version)” and “Blank Space (Taylor’s Version).”

Capricorns are dedicated and the type of people who still seem put together even when they’re under a lot of pressure, as is 1989 (Taylor’s Version). Swift was going through a messy breakup with Calvin Harris, sued David Mueller for sexual assault and was bashed on the internet for Kanyes’s song “Famous,” all while touring the world for her new hit album.

1989 (Taylor’s Version) is her most recent re-recorded album with brand new tracks from the vault that just scream Capricorn. 

My top 5 1989 (Taylor’s Version) songs: 

• “Wildest Dreams (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “Bad Blood (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “Style (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “Wonderland (Taylor’s Version)”
  • “Now That We Don’t Talk (Taylor’s Version)(From The Vault)” 

reputation – Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21) 

There’s only one sign that matches perfectly with reputation, and that’s scorpio! With reputation being a darker, moodier album compared to the rest, it’s clear that it gives the same energy as a Scorpio. Scorpios give off the Femme Fatale persona, as do hit songs “I Did Something Bad” and “Look What You Made Me Do.”

Swift came out of exile for this era after she wiped all her social media accounts and released an album following years of no new music — who else would do this more than a Scorpio? Scorpios are prone to holding onto grudges and are a little mysterious, as is this sexier and angrier album that surprised the music industry. Scorpios also have a romantic side, which is evident in songs that speak to the intimacy of new relationships, like “Call It What You Want.”

My top 5 reputation songs: 

• “I Did Something Bad”
  • “Don’t Blame Me” 
  • “…Ready For It?”
  • “Call It What You Want” 
  • “Look What You Made Me Do” 

Lover: Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22) & Cancer (June 21 – July 22) 

Libra and Cancer are the best fits for Swift’s Lover era! Lover is one of Swift’s campiest and happiest albums, giving it the same energy as these signs because both are intuitive and in touch with their emotions. 

Just like a Libra loves balance and harmony, so does this era when Swift started to use her voice to advocate about politics and gay rights. A Cancer’s biggest asset is their capacity, which resonates with this era immensely in songs like “Lover” and “Paper Rings.”

Both Libra and Cancer are well-spoken and love to be loved, making them the perfect pair to represent the Lover era. This album was Swift’s first self-owned album and had an accompanying Netflix documentary, Miss America

My top 5 Lover songs: 

• “Lover”
  • “Paper Rings”
  • “The Archer” 
  • “The Man”
  • “Afterglow” 

folklore – Pisces (Feb. 19 – March 20) & Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22) 

Pisces and Virgo make the perfect fit for Swift’s first-ever surprise album, folklore! This indie album was written in isolation during the pandemic, where Swift truly got to play around with her storytelling. 

folklore is her most fictional album, and she was able to bring characters to life through her songs having the same dreamy and empathetic characteristics as a Pisces. This era truly does scream Virgo (and the Virgos would be mad if it didn’t), with its cottagecore feels and systematic songs like “mirrorball” and “illicit affairs.” This album feels very spiritual yet practical, perfectly encompassing the personality traits of a Pisces and Virgo. 

My top 5 folklore songs

• “cardigan” 
  • “august”
  • “invisible string”
  • “betty”
  • “illicit affairs” 

evermore – Taurus (April 20 – May 20) 

This era is the cozy twin sister to folklore that completely matches the vibe of a Taurus. Taurus enjoy relaxing and are dependable people, just like this album’s slow, ethereal feel and Swift’s floral maxi gowns, wool coats and turtlenecks. 

Just like how hardworking a Taurus is, this era was when Swift started re-recording her older albums. Taurus are very grounded people who enjoy the little things in life, just like this album that makes you feel like you want to cozy up by a fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa. 

My top 5 evermore songs:

• “no body, no crime (feat. HAIM)” 
  • “willow”
  • “champagne problems”
  • “cowboy like me”
  • “‘tis the damn season” 

Midnights – Gemini (May 21 – June 20) 

Last but certainly not least is Swift’s 10th album, Midnights, which encompasses the same chaotic energy as a Gemini. This era was her first move back into the pop scene, as she was taking past albums’ vibes and melting it all into one, describing how spontaneous Geminis can be. 

Geminis have this curiosity and social charm about them, just like this album with its well-loved songs “Anti-Hero” and “Bejeweled.”  Just like a Gemini, this era has a playfulness about it, with visuals made to look straight out of the ’70s mixed with diamonds and gems. This era is the perfect match with a Gemini, both with their calculating yet lovestruck feelings about them.

My top 5 Midnights songs: 

• “Lavender Haze” 
  • “Karma”
  • “Maroon”
  • “Vigilante Shit” 
  • “Midnight Rain” 

With two more re-recorded albums yet to come and hopefully an 11th album, it’s clear Swift is working non-stop for us dedicated fans. We all love her music no matter what era she’s in, so I hope finding out which era you are in will inspire you to listen to her music just a little bit more! 

Kaitlyn Findlay

Toronto MU '25

First Year Fashion student at TMU. I love Fashion, animals, Starbucks and all things pink!