Rosebud Motel with quotes
Rosebud Motel with quotes
Original illustration by Khalia Badawi

Top 8 Quotes from Schitt’s Creek

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Seven years ago, we were introduced to the Rose family. They gave us some of the most iconic moments with their crazy family dynamic and witty personalities. Now, seven years later, I’m going to give you my favourite quotes from the show.

“Ew, David!”

Said by the bougie fashionista herself, this Alexis Rose quote is arguably the most famous from the show. Alexis never fails to deliver her valley-girl-inspired self, while also making sure she fulfils the duty of a sister: To annoy her older brother David. As my favourite quote from the series, I say this line multiple times a day and have a sticker of it on my laptop.

“You just fold it in!”

Moira and David have quite an interesting mother-son bond. When trying to pass down her mother’s recipe for enchiladas to David, the two get into a fight about folding cheese. Moira won’t admit that she doesn’t know what’s going on and yells, “you just fold it in!”

“Tweet us on Facebook.”

Johnny Rose perfectly encapsulates a dad with this quote. Johnny is one of my favourite characters from the series because of how out of it he is. I appreciate the effort here, but who’s gonna tell him that he’s mixing two different social media platforms?

“Eat glass!”

If David and Alexis don’t sum up the perfect sibling relationship, then I don’t know what does. When in a fight, David tells his sister to “eat glass,” which seems harsh, but they’re siblings and at the end of the series. You know how much they love each other.

“You know what David? You get murdered first for once.”

I loved getting snippets of Alexis’s old and adventurous life. In the first episode of the series, David wants Alexis to switch beds with him since her’s is further away from the door. This way, if an attacker breaks in, Alexis gets murdered first. Name a better sibling duo.

“Where is the bébé’s chamber?”

Moira’s accent is everything. After rewatching the series multiple times, I still can’t place where it’s from. She uses a mix of British and old English in her daily life, making all her lines stand out a bit more.

“This isn’t say yes to the dress princess. Orange is the new orange.”

Good ol’ Ronnie, she’s the definition of sarcasm. She has a mellow personality and doesn’t talk much, but when she does, everything that comes out of her mouth is gold. She’s one person who can put the fashion diva Alexis in her place.

“I’m incapable of faking sincerity.”

Stevie, David’s best friend, is the type of person who speaks her mind, most likely because she has no filter. Always there for her best friend, she pushes David to open his own store, Rose Apothecary. She’s blunt and can’t fake her emotions. We all need a Stevie.

Nashra Syed

Toronto MU '24

Nashra is a second-year journalism student at Ryerson University. She hopes to work in the sports and entertainment industry as a producer or broadcaster. Her favourite food is tacos and her favourite sports team is the Toronto Raptors.