Life > Academics

Online Resources To Make Studying For Finals Easier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Preparing for finals can be stressful and anxiety-inducing; cramming tons of notes, drinking cups-on-cups of coffee, pulling countless all-nighters and still somehow feeling unprepared when you sit down to take your exam. But it doesn’t have to be this way! Here are some online resources to help you prepare for finals and alleviate some of the stress going into them.

GET REVISING

The core concept of Get Revising is encouraging students to be actively involved in their revision process in a fun, creative way. Create a revision timetable, practice questions and access a range of resources, like revision notes, flashcards, crosswords and presentations. This is helpful for specific courses such as criminology, law and marketing. You can even create your own resources to keep yourself on track and share them with others to provide a helping hand to those in the same boat as you.

GOCONQR

Conquer your exams with GoConqr. Sign up for free and access flashcards, mind maps, quizzes, slides and flowcharts for a range of subjects. You can even join or create GoConqr groups to collaborate and discuss content with your peers. While the Basic version offers you full access to tools and the ability to create resources, you can upgrade to Basic+ for US$ 0.84 per month; Premium for US$ 1.67 per month or Premium+ for US$ 2.60, with increasing levels of resources available. 

Ryerson Engineering Digital Initiative (REDI)

Engineering students, you’re in luck! Check out the academics section of REDI created by the Ryerson Engineering Student Society (RESS) for online tutorials, an exam bank of past midterms and finals and peer study sessions. REDI is even set to release a GPA calculator so you can keep an eye on your progress throughout the term. 

Study Buddy – MoocLab

Sometimes studying can be isolating, even more so since the majority of our classes and their respective exams are still online. Find a study buddy through MoocLab and connect with like-minded peers to offer each other moral support, discuss topics, practice quizzes and complete assignments together. Simply sign up on MoocLab.club and register your preferences, search for appropriate study buddies and start your study buddy conversation through MoocLab’s private messaging system. 

STUDY.COM

Uncomplicate the complicated topics by accessing video lessons, step-by-step homework help and 24/7 assistance from experts and tutors with Study.com. And that’s just the Basic plan of $29.99 a month. For Premium users paying $59.99 a month, they get access to the aforementioned as well as study tools, literature guides and a database of over 84,000 lessons taught by a range of experts.  

Pooja Rambaran

Toronto MU '22

Fourth year journalism student Pooja is a writer of all things news and culture, avid Netflix watcher and self-proclaimed iced coffee connoisseur.