This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Returning to life as normal is always on my mind but is something that seems like a far-out fantasy. Luckily, the vaccination process has begun and if everything goes to plan, we will all have our first dose by the end of the summer! 

However, with lockdowns constantly being extended and restrictions changing by the second, my hopes about this have been on the rocks. That is until I got an email from Ryerson that ignited some much-needed hope. Universities have been very cautious during this whole process, and have left giving their students news to the very last second. This email suggested that there is a good chance we will be returning to campus in the fall. Receiving this email, as simple as it was, felt like a dream, and launched me into the quest of making a bucket list for when I return to campus. It’s no secret that students have been missing some of the university experience. That’s why I decided that when we finally return, I’m not going to miss a second of it. To make sure that I make the most out of my last year of university, I have made a bucket list of all of the things I will do if we return to school in the fall. 

I will take every opportunity I have to be on campus

This one might seem obvious but it was something I took for granted before the pandemic. I would often sleep through my 8AM or skip a boring class but all of these Zoom classes gave me some perspective about all that I was missing. Being stuck in my room has enlightened me on how privileged I am to be in university and this is something I will never take for granted again. Walking around campus and even sitting in a stuffy lecture hall will be my new happy place come fall. 

I will go to Ryerson’s cafes/bars more often

Hanging out in our iconic spots such as the Oakham Cafe and Ram in the Rye are all things I have done but something I wish I got to do more. Having the experience of being around my friends in a place that is quintessentially Ryerson is something I miss. Plus, who could pass up the student loan breakfast special??

I will hang out with friends in the quad

The quad has always been my favourite spot on Ryerson, given that it is the closest thing we have to a park and has a killer view. Being able to see my friends and spend time in my favourite spot on campus will be truly special.

I will go to EVERY school event I have the chance to 

Quarantine has made us all appreciate the time we spent outside of the house around those we truly care about. That’s why I want to soak up any opportunities there are to share memorable moments with my friends during our last year. Busy schedules and upcoming deadlines can make missing social events easy, especially when you can use homework as an excuse. Grades are important of course but so is taking a much-needed break to socialize and focus on your mental health. 

The thing I am looking forward to the most is the feeling of excitement that comes with going to school. I was always the kid that got so excited to return to school at the end of the summer. Unfortunately, returning to classes by logging into Zoom doesn’t feel the same as walking into your new classes. That’s why I am hoping this coming school year will be the return to normalcy we all need. Either way, whenever we do return to campus, I know exactly how I am going to spend every moment I have left of university. 

Audrey Crunkleton

Toronto MU '22

Audrey is a third-year media production student at Ryerson University. Originally from a small town in Northern Ontario, she moved to Toronto to pursue her dreams of making an impact in the media scene. She specializes in tv production and more specifically the post-production side of things. However, in between daydreaming and being on set Audrey spends her time exploring the city and playing board games with her friends. Her biggest goal in life besides being featured in a film festival is to finally own a French bulldog! She loves all aspects of media including marketing, the business end of things, and production because she recognizes each sector's importance towards effective storytelling. Audrey looks forward to using her talents towards speaking out on topics that need a voice.
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.