5 Steps To Having The Perfect Halloween Date Night

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

With Halloween right around the corner, what better way to kick off the spooky season then to have a halloween date with your significant other? Grab your date and follow this list of five steps you to have the perfect Halloween date night with your significant other.

Step 1: Make a Spooky Dinner 

The best way to start off a spooky date with your significant other is with a Halloween-themed dinner. Making a monster-shaped meal will fill your stomach and is a fun activity to do as a couple.

Even if you’re not the best cook, most of these recipes require minimal effort and cooking skills to pull off. Here are three fun recipe ideas to test out on your next date. 

Ghost Pizza

Try making a pizza and make the dough into the shape of a ghost, then fill it with your favourite toppings. 

See recipe on A Pretty Life

Jack O’Lantern Stuffed Peppers 

These are for the couples who love the kitchen. Pull out your favourite stuffed pepper recipe using an orange bell pepper and try carving out a face on the side of the pepper before cooking. 

See recipe on EatingWell

Mummy Hotdogs 

Make some adorable mummy hotdogs by cutting some crescent roll dough into strips and wrapping them around the hotdogs to look like bandages. Top them off with some mustard eyes once cooked. 

See recipe on Pillsbury

Step 2: Festive Decor 

To really set the mood for your date, pull out your spookiest Halloween decorations and accessorize your space for the ideal date location. Dimming the lights and having some scary decor in your home is the best way to elevate your date to the next level. 

Candles

Candles are a must-have! Light up all and any candle you have (specifically a fall-scented candle) and dim the lights to bring the perfect ambiance to your date.

Throw blankets

Pull out your fluffiest blankets. Use all of the throw blankets you have in your house to prepare for the upcoming step. 

Leftover Halloween decorations

Halloween decor is a bonus; if you have any lying around unused, now is the time to put them up to make the space extra spooky. 

Step 3: Monster Movie Night

Once decorated, cuddle up on the couch with all of your blankets and watch a marathon of your favourite Halloween movies. Get scared watching some classic horrors or a fun family movie for some laughs. Here are some movie suggestions for different genres, depending on your preference. 

Family Movies

For family movies, watch Disney’s Hocus Pocus (1993), Halloweentown (1998) or Twitches (2005)

Scary Movies 

For a scary movie, watch Child’s Play (1988), Friday the 13th (1980) or Us (2019)

Classic Halloween Movies 

For a classic Halloween movie, watch Halloween (1978), Scream (1996) or The Addams Family (1991)

Step 4: Spooktacular Sweets 

Prepare some ghoulish snacks to munch on during your monster movie marathon to make the night even better. Whether you’re a baker or just in the mood for spooky sweets, these recipes are quick and easy to make. With these three fun ideas, there is no way you’ll want to skip this step. 

Spooky Spider Cookies 

To make some spooky spider cookies, bake a batch of delicious peanut butter cookies and add chocolate balls on top to make a spider’s body and some icing for the legs. 

See recipe on The Pioneer Woman

Pillsbury Cookies

An easy-peasy idea is just to bake a batch of Pillsbury Ready to bake! Halloween sugar cookies if you’re not the best baker. 

See recipe on Pillsbury

Rice Krispie treats 

For a little creative freedom, make some Rice Krispies treats and decorate them with coloured icing, fun shapes and sprinkles. 

See recipe on Crazy for Crust

Step 5: Extra Activities

If all of that wasn’t enough, try out a fun and festive activity with your partner to make the date extra special. 

• Partake in the classic activity of carving pumpkins. Pick up a couple of pumpkins and carve them out as Jack-O’-lanterns. Make it a competition of who’s pumpkin looks best!
  • Visit a local attraction. Find the closest pumpkin patch or haunted house for an extra exciting activity. 
  • Do some Halloween painting. Paint some pumpkins or go to the store and find a craft to do, such as painting pottery or wood carvings. 
Kaitlyn Findlay

Toronto MU '25

First Year Fashion student at TMU. I love Fashion, animals, Starbucks and all things pink!