3 Essential Bucket Lists You Need To Have

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Are you one of those people who want to travel the world? Try out cool, crazy stuff? Make progress every day? Follow your dreams? Live on the edge? Me too! And what better way to do that than making a bucket list and ticking things off along the way?

I have always been obsessed with making lists because I love the feeling I get when I’ve checked off all the boxes. I’m sure most of us have bucket lists in a journal or notes on our phones. I always want to keep adding to my bucket list to help me dream of a better tomorrow.

Here are some essential bucket lists I think everyone should create. 

1. Travel Bucket List

If you don’t have pages filled with places you want to visit before you die on your bucket list, then it’s just a boring ‘to-do list.’ We all have at least one place that we dream about living in one day. Start your list with that. Make categories of places you want to visit before a certain age and places you want to go solo, with a partner, or with friends. Add places that no one has ever heard of but are so beautiful that you want to discover. Make the list as long as possible and write motivational quotes to persuade you to save enough money to visit them all.

2. Adventure Bucket List

You wouldn’t want to travel to all those places and not try out some crazy, adventurous (and sometimes stupid) things, right? Skydiving, rock climbing, swimming with dolphins; there are probably so many things we want to do before we get ‘too old.’ If you write it down, it will give you the motivation to work towards them. You only live once, so why not make it awesome?

3. Milestone Bucket List

Progress. Progress. Progress. We have two options: Keep procrastinating or make some serious progress in our lives. I hear so many people saying they want to change their lifestyle and achieve numerous things— so why not add them to your bucket list? You want to learn how to play an instrument? Write it in your list and check it off. Go as crazy as you can with your list because that is what will motivate you to reach those goals. You can write things as small as learning how to swim or as big as becoming the next president. It doesn’t matter. It’s your list and you can achieve whatever you set your heart out to.

These are basic bucket lists I think every person should have so they can look forward to conquering life with a smile. Have goals, not excuses.

Yanika Saluja

Toronto MU '25

Yanika is a Journalism student at Ryerson University. Her interests include writing, reading, binge watching series and drinking lots and lots of coffee. She feels that she has a unique point of view towards the world and she likes sharing it through her writings. She loves to travel and talking to new people. She can play a little guitar too!