20 Thoughts We All Had at the RSU Welcome Concert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Two Fridays ago, Ryerson played host to what was probably the greatest concert ever held on Gould Street. (And we’ve spent the past week recovering). Although the event itself was amazing, there were a few hitches -mainly the pushing, screaming, and the waiting. Here’s a look into what Ryerson students were thinking at the concert:

1)   “At five pm: is this line even moving?”

2)   “….Holy shit….how the hell are they going to fit 5000 people onto Gould Street, it’s like a can of sardines between classes regularly anyway”

3)   “Speaking of which – how can Ryerson afford to have Future play at our school anyways? I mean for God’s sake – Kerr Hall hasn’t been renovated since like 1918”

4)   “YAAAAS I AM IN”

5)   “Okay. Lots of pushing and shoving. REMAIN CALM.”

6)   “Yes. Yes, that was my toe you just crushed. I appreciate you not acknowledging the fact, and continuing to dance as you flatten my foot”

7)   “Thank you Mr. 6’3’’ Fedora Hat & co. for choosing to shove your way in front of this 5’2 girl. Seriously – I appreciate it!”

8)   Six o clock, FUTURE WHERE YOU AT?

9)   Oh hello DJ Clutch.

10) TURN UP

11) Okay that was fun thirty minutes. But no seriously – where is Future?

12) “Future will be here momentarily” but for now here’s ANOTHER DJ YOU’VE NEVER HEARD OF – AND WILL PROBABLY NEVER HEAR OF AGAIN! OUT OF HIS MOTHER’S BASEMENT, HERE’S DJ (insert weird verb here)!

13) “You can only listen to the same remixes of chart music for so long, my friend”

14) YES! GOD BLESS YOU P REIGN! THANK YOU FOR EXISTING

15) Oh joy. It’s raining.

16) ACTUALLY I’M GLAD ITS RAINING, BECAUSE IM SWEATING LIKE A BEAST PRESSED UP NEXT TO THESE PEOPLE

17) Oh, look, this guy decided to climb a tree for a better view. #yougoglencoco

18) And now this guy’s trying to outdo tree-guy by climbing the POLE and swinging on it – very creative, except for the fact that I’ll probably die if he falls…

19) WHERE THE HELL IS FUTURE? It’s been five hours, Miguel has decided to flop, and I’m hella hungry- and wait…wait…no…no it can’t be…-“

20 …oh, there’s Furture….AND….DRAKE?! GOD IS GREAT*Turns into Christina whilest screaming YAAAASS at top volume*

Nida Omar

Toronto MU

Nida is a 19-year-old cat enthusiast, currently studying journalism at Ryerson University.
Ben Samuels

Toronto MU '16

Benjamin is a reluctant third-year English major at Ryerson University and the newly minted Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Ryerson.You can reach Benjamin on twitter and instagram @iamsashagay, and by email at benjaminkent@hercampus.com