Women’s Cafe Night Preview: Lauren Snyder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.
Every spring, we hold our Women’s Cafe Night where we honor awesome women doing awesome things on Temple’s campus. Recognizing these women inspires not only the ladies within our chapter, but outside of our chapter. We have handpicked these women based on their accomplishments, attitudes and bright futures. Some of them you may have seen on our website before, some of them may be new to  you…from outstanding internships to on campus leadership roles, it is a privilege to have these women featured on our website! 

Name: Lauren Snyder

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Major: Marketing & Management Information Systems

When did you first realize you wanted to work with fashion?: Fashion has always been something that interests me. From being my mom’s shopping sidekick as a kid, to paging through fashion magazines to learn about trends and designers, fashion is just something I grew up loving. When deciding on colleges and a major, I knew I wanted to be a part of this industry that I’m so passionate about. I began researching careers aside from fashion design (I can’t draw to save my life), and discovered the marketing, journalism and PR side of the business. I’m still figuring it all out, but it’s so exciting to use the skills I’ve picked up along the way to start doing something I love every day. 

What sparked the idea to found the Temple Fashion & Business Club?: During my sophomore year, I started to notice a disconnect between Temple and the fashion industry. With no fashion-related major and limited corporate connections, I knew something had to be done to put Temple students on the map. Assuming I wasn’t the only one who dreamed of pursuing a career in the fashion industry at this school, I made the decision to found the Fashion & Business Club. The goal is to connect students to the industry by providing real-world advice from experts in the field through guest speaker sessions and events. F&B is also designed to inspire students to find themselves in a career they love. 

How would you describe FAB to someone on the street?: The Fashion & Business Club is Temple’s only student organization with a focus on fashion. It’s a space for fellow fashion lovers to learn about opportunities in the industry and develop a network of like-minded people. Oh, and we’re the best dressed club on campus.

What’s the hardest part about being a leader? What’s the best?: The hardest part about being a leader is having to narrow our focus to continue make progress. Our organization has SO many great ideas for growth, but someone has to step in and determine what we realistically can or cannot achieve with limited resources. The best part, on the other hand, is being able to see the club come to its full potential and have an impact on the lives of others. Hearing how F&B has helped members meet new people and score jobs what keeps me inspired.

What other activities/internships/jobs are you involved in?: Aside from F&B, I have been a Style Guru Intern with CollegeFashionista for two and a half years here at Temple. I’ve found my experience with the site to be the perfect way to get connected to the fashion industry while studying here in Philadelphia, while meeting some rad students along the way. I am also currently working as a Social Media Intern at Anthropologie which I absolutely love!

Where do you see yourself in the future?: In the future, I see myself living in New York City and working a fast-paced, exciting job in the fashion industry; traveling, brunching on the weekends and owning an English bulldog, naturally.

Describe yourself in three words….: Friendly, kind, motivated
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.