photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Why College Students Love Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Our long-awaited Thanksgiving break is finally here! Although everybody seems to enter Christmas mode right after Halloween, us college students could never forget about Thanksgiving. It seems to come when we need it most. The semester is almost over, finals are slowly approaching and we feel burnt-out. We all need a refresher and time with loved ones to keep us going. There are tons of little reasons why we adore Thanksgiving as college students, and we’re here to help you get excited. 

Here are 7 things college students love about Thanksgiving: 

Family

This has to be number one, right? The best part of the holidays is spending it with the ones you love and catching up with your family who misses you while you’re away. 

Home Friends

Reuniting with friends from high school, catching up on college life, and Friendsgiving. <33

Your Dog!

The one thing everyone misses THE MOST about home. 

Home-Cooked Meals

We’re sick of the dining hall. Bring on the home-cooked meals. 

… and the leftovers your mom sends you back to school with.

Nothing better than enjoying home-cooked meals in your dorm room! 

Black Friday

Good deals plus broke students — the perfect combo.  

Christmas!

Now that Thanksgiving has arrived, the holiday season begins. Time to update your Christmas playlists, start your shopping and stream holiday movies!

All excitement aside, Thanksgiving is truly a time for us to give back and be appreciative of what we have. Count your blessings this holiday season, Owls. 

Mallory Lawn

Temple '23

Second-year Advertising student at Temple University. Lover of all things music, travel, wellness, writing, and Philly.
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.