Which Type of Pumpkin Are You According to Your Major?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Choosing and declaring a college major is difficult.

While some of us may have known from birth that we were destined to become a teacher, or rocket-scientist, or whatever else you may have dreamed up, many others have struggled to find their passion.

College majors range from journalism to physical therapy, fine arts to mechanical engineering. Whether you’re in the midst of trying to find a major that best suits you, or you’re there already, it’s time to embrace the season of life—and the season of the year—that we’re in now. Let’s throw an autumn twist into the conversation.

Along with college majors, there’s also a range of squash and pumpkins that exist in fall. Squash and pumpkins all belong to the same diverse family, just as all of the diverse majors belong to a single university.

Depending on your college major, let’s see what type of squash or pumpkin you relate to the most:

Art + Music – Baby Boo Pumpkin

Small, white pumpkins appeal to artists because their pale pigment offers a blank canvas for drawing and painting. These ghostly pumpkins come in larger sizes as well, and are not what you’d expect a typical pumpkin to look like. Art and music students can relate. On the outside these students appear to be typical college students, while on the inside are their hidden talents.

Business + Management – Fortune Squash

This squash relates with the business and management students primarily because of its name. Many business and management students will go on to account for, manage, and (fingers-crossed) accumulate large fortunes.  

Education – Sunburst Squash

The sunburst squash resembles the shape of a blossoming flower—and education majors can relate. These students strive to become future educators that will help young students blossom in their own unique way, much like the sunburst squash.

Science + Engineering – Knucklehead Pumpkin

These warty pumpkins are interesting to look at due to the unusual bumps on their skin. Science and engineering majors can relate to these pumpkins because they discovered them! Farmers and scientists are the ones who’ve observed and found the many reasons that cause these bumps to appear. These reasons include non-harmful viruses, swelling due to too much water being absorbed, and being genetically engineered to look this way because of their increasing popularity.

Liberal Arts – Carnival Squash

The carnival squash is versatile. It can be used in soups, it can be baked, it can be roasted and eaten with brown sugar, or it can be used as a decoration, of course. The possibilities are endless, much like the course path for a liberal arts student. Liberal arts majors range from foreign languages studies to social sciences. Much like a carnival squash, these students transform into innovative thinkers who are capable of anything.

Media & Communication + Theater – Prizewinner Pumpkin

The prizewinner pumpkin can grow to be a whopping 200 pounds. These pumpkins are known to win awards at local events and fairs. They are eye-catching and relate to media and communication and theatre students because, like the pumpkins, many of these students have gone on to win awards for their groundbreaking reporting skills and outstanding performances.

Public Health + Medicine – Butternut Squash

The butternut squash is a good source of many health benefits, including vitamin A, potassium, magnesium and fiber. Just like a public health or medical student, they contain vital information that saves lives and keeps people healthy.

There you have it! Which type of pumpkin or squash are you?