What to Expect at the Eagles Super Bowl Tailgate 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Get ready for the Super Bowl: Eagles vs Chiefs!

On January 29th the Philadelphia Eagles won the NFC Championship game against the San Francisco 49ers which means they are Superbowl bound! For people who live in the city of Philadelphia, it was crazy when the Eagles won 7-31 on Sunday evening. After the game, huge crowds formed all over the city, and everyone was going crazy!  

In Center City, fans got on top of traffic lights while screaming about the win and how they hope the Eagles win the Super Bowl. Another thing to get excited about is tailgating and the food that is often provided with it. It gets people in the mood to have fun and show support for their team. It also gives people a chance to interact with other fans from different areas or even fans from different teams, if they dare.

My friends and I attended a tailgate for the Eagles vs Giants game, and we met a friendly group who shared their food with us. They had a pizza that spelled “Eagles” on it, hotdogs, hamburgers, and green and white donuts. They also shared chips and buffalo dip with us, which everyone enjoyed. Afterwards, we were so full! It was a good experience tailgating at this game because everyone was having fun. I really liked how people we didn’t know made conversation with my group and I about the game, and who we believed was going to win that night. I believe these are things that can be expected at the Superbowl tailgate.

One thing that I thought was important to bring to the tailgate was the portable tents used for the restrooms because, with all the crowds, the tent made it easier and more functional to enjoy the tailgate longer rather than having to leave. Another important thing to do is to get there early because the city will definitely be busy on game day. For those choosing to stay at home for the Super Bowl, you can host a watch party. For those who want to be out in the action, I recommend visiting a sports bar and celebrating there with friends and enjoying drinks. I am excited to see what happens in this Superbowl, hoping the Eagles win, and anticipation of Rihanna’s performance.  

Zoe Fay

Temple '25

arts+ entertainment staff writer for Temple campus