This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Denim fashion has come a long way from just the standard jeans as its resurrection spikes an increase in different styles, trends, and looks.  

Jean skirts have diverged to both mini and maxi, ruffles or none, while jean jackets have accumulated a style of their own. The most innovative take so far, in my opinion, has to be denim shoes. The creative liberty taken to create unforgettable looks with denim is impressive, coming from someone who only has ever been familiar with wearing jeans.  

After letting all of this digest, I started to question where these denim trends even came from, and if there was such a thing as too much denim. I’ve since been inspired to do some high-tech research to uncover the truth about denim. What looks are popular, how do you get it, and most importantly, how do you style it?  

Most Popular Denim Attire  

This past April, Vouge released an expensive yet informative article on popular denim looks, which covers everything from a denim shirt to cute denim accessories. Any store from Old Navy to Zara has its fair share of denim attire. And while jean skirts, jackets, and denim shoes each have their well-deserved moment in the spotlight, Byrdie Magazine predicts “baggy denim,” which is exactly what it sounds like, to be an up-and-coming trend to the denim mix.  

The “denim on denim” look also appeals to the eye of many people. For that trend, a jeans and jean jacket combo or a denim jumpsuit will do just the trick. Although it’s the end of October, many of these pieces can certainly be styled to accommodate the fall weather.  

How To Style  

When thinking of fall, “denim” must be the first word that comes to mind. Anything from a jean jacket to a maxi denim skirt would be the perfect solution for a chilly day. Taking that pair of denim overalls off the hanger and throwing it over a sweater is perfect to accommodate the brisk weather.  

Styling a jean jacket with a turtleneck underneath is also a viable option. If denim clothing is out of the question for whatever reason, there are still cute denim accessories, like a denim purse or the beloved denim shoes to spice up any fall outfit.  

So, after some careful thought and consideration, I don’t think there can be too much denim. Not when every piece can be easily bought and wonderfully styled.  

I say I’d rather there be a world with denim than without. The ways in which denim manifests itself through tops, bottoms, shoes, purses, and belts can only signify a worldwide love for denim. When I was a child, I never wore the denim dress my mom bought, but I was young and dumb. I can now say that I will forever be embracing the praised denim look for as long as I can.  

I am a freshman English Major at Temple. I enjoy writing, and currently write for the Fashion and Beauty section of Her Campus Temple. In my free time I love to read, listen to music (love Taylor Swift:), and hike!