This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Over the past few months, I have been watching a lot of TV, as I assume many of us have. I have always loved re-runs of sitcoms, and I came to the realization that ‘90s sitcoms are the best. The fashion is the cherry on top! So, here’s a list of my go-to ‘90s sitcoms for when you’re spending a late night scrolling through the cable guide and need something to stop on. If you’re really dedicated, many of them are on streaming services, although it may take away from the immersive “‘90s experience” that at least I feel while watching.  

Seinfeld- 9 seasons (1989-1998)— available on Hulu 

Quite literally, Seinfeld is a show about nothing, and it’s pretty self-aware. Each episode follows the four friends in their mid-30s—Jerry, Elaine, George and the infamously comedic Kramer—through their daily lives in New York City. The smallest events or etiquette blunders (like saying “God bless you” on a date or bringing a loaf of marble rye bread to dinner) are blown out of proportion to create intertwining plots in the funniest of ways. The first few seasons have their hilarious moments, but the later seasons are definitely the highlight of the show.

The Golden Girls—7 seasons (1985-1992)— available on Hulu

This may be derailing from my “strictly ‘90s” category, but Golden Girls was still airing in the ‘90s, so I count it! The four women in their golden years live together while navigating relationships, friendships and family. They don’t sugarcoat too much, so any snarky remarks are laced with love. Aligned with its theme song, “Thank You for Being a Friend,” The Golden Girls shows a tried and true friendship that every girl hopes she’ll have with her friends in her golden years. 

The Nanny—6 seasons (1993-1999)—currently not on a streaming service

The newly-broke Fran Fine knocks on renowned Broadway producer Maxwell Sheffield’s door as a makeup saleswoman, and he hires her as the nanny for his three children. Can I talk about The Nanny without mentioning Fran’s iconic outfits? Definitely not! Her matching skirt and blazer combos, topped off with black pantyhose, stilettos, and big hair will forever be my fashion inspiration. Fran’s self-deprecating jokes are sometimes a little too relatable for me, which makes them all the more funny. The ongoing insult battle between the Sheffield butler Niles and Maxwell’s colleague Cece ensures a laugh every episode too. 

Frasier—11 seasons (1993-2004)—available on Peacock 

A spinoff of the hit show Cheers, psychiatrist Frasier Crane moves from Boston to Seattle to start his advice radio talk show. With hilariously coincidental predicaments, Frasier, his psychiatrist brother Niles, their father and his caretaker Daphne have hysterical solutions. There’s also an aspect of romance (which is always a plus) between Niles and Daphne. 

I hope I’ve added some shows to put on your casual watch list! Don’t worry, these shows are definitely for casual watching, so there’s no need to carve out a binge-watch schedule.

Caitlin is a junior PR major with a love for everything music. When she's not writing, you can find her binging a new TV show, listening to music, or hanging out with her cat Louise!
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!