TU student actors prove to have professional skills

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

After seeing various plays throughout the Philadelphia area for my theater class, it came time to see Temple’s production of A Chorus Line. I wasn’t expecting to see the same type of professional and skillful actors that I had been seeing in these other plays, however, the students proved my expectations wrong.

After seeing a few dance routines, I no longer thought of the students as students; I saw them as professional actors and dancers. With tons of intense dance routines, they perfectly mirrored real life professional dancers.

The dance routines were not simply “intense” due to the fact that they were all acting, dancing, and singing, but because they literally were dancing routines that actual dancers would perform.

Aside from the dancing, the actors kept the audience entertained with sensitive and emotional stories as well as comedic ones. Many of the actors proved to be “triple threats” as they were able to act, sing, and dance.

Although this show may not have been entertaining to all types of audience members, the themes of the play—working hard to only get an inch closer to a dream and finding yourself—were aspects that anyone could relate to.

Even though this play was an excellence performance, any production by students who are putting so much time into their passions outside of the classroom should be saluted.

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!