This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

To get in the Halloween spirit, we often find ourselves scrolling through our tv subscriptions and seeing which movies fit the Halloween spirit. With that in mind, I’ve cultivated a list of my personal best Halloween movies to watch during October. 

1. Beetlejuice

One of my all-time favorite movies, especially for Halloween time, would be Beetlejuice. The 1988 film is still my favorite film, starring actors Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder. The movie is about a couple who gets stuck in their former residence after passing away. Things grow more and more unusual when a new couple moves in and their daughter can see the former residents living in their house. 

1. Nightmare Before Christmas

Adding to the list of some of the most iconic Halloween movies would be Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas. Also presenting itself as an abnormal but delightful Christmas movie, the motion picture follows protagonist Jack Skellington as he grows bored of doing the same thing — scaring people. In an effort to try something new, Skellington tries his hand at a new form of celebration — immersing himself in the customs and traditions of Christmas. 

1. Hubie Halloween

Hubie Halloween, a Netflix original, follows the main character, Hubie (Adam Sandler) as he stumbles into a real investigation and does everything in his power to solve the mystery. This movie is a cute comedy perfect for family and friends to watch when one just wants to laugh! 

1. Halloween

What’s October without the obligatory horror films attached? The next movie that follows would have to be Halloween, a Michael Myers’ classic that involves killing, vengeance, and more. This has always been a MUST for Halloween if you like thrillers and super intense music. 

1. Coraline

The most iconic Halloween movie would have to be Coraline, however. Coraline is a beloved spooky film centered around a young girl named Coraline and how she’s discovered an alternate world in her own home. The world isn’t nearly as spectacular as it first seems, though, in that her family is perhaps more than just a little different. Watch as she tries to find a way to get back to her real life. 

All in all, these movies are some of the best Halloween movies, in my opinion, that you can binge over and over again whenever you’re bored or in need of a little spooky spirit. These movies are a great fit for the typical October aesthetic and watching them is guaranteed to put you in the perfect Halloween mode! 

Nathaly is a college student at Temple University in her second year. She is currently majoring in journalism and minoring in dance.