This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It’s finally turtleneck and hot chocolate season! Have some fun with your closet and be creative. Wear something that you’ve never worn before, but think warm! Revamp your wardrobe in ways that you’ve never done before. Experiment with new outfits and stay warm this winter season with these fashionable trends!

Layer up with some fun layers!

Add some color to your wardrobe. The layers will help you keep warm along with showing your style. Put on a long sleeve underneath your outfit, and then throw on your favorite windbreaker or wool sweater (whatever works for you). Boot socks are also very trendy right now, which are the perfect addition to any outfit. You can even wear them over leggings with your favorite pair of booties, which will help keep your toes extra warm. 

If you’re having a bad hair day, throw on a hat or your favorite beanie.

Adding a hat can help you change your entire look. You can stay warm, but still be trendy and cute. Wearing a hat can only benefit you, plus it’s less work to maintain your hair. Put on your favorite pair of earrings and a necklace for accessorizing, and you’re all set. There are so many different styles of hats/beanies that can help expand your wardrobe. My favorite beanies are the ones with the puffy balls on the top!

Add your favorite scarf to your winter outfit.

Putting on a scarf will help your outfit pop even more. Wearing your winter coat along with your favorite scarf is definitely a trend right now. Pinterest is one of my favorite apps to look up new fashion trends for winter wardrobe ideas, and it’s proven to be very helpful! The app gives you tons of different ideas on how to expand your wardrobe with so many new styles and trends.

Yes, it’s possible you can still dress cute and be warm at the same time! You can add some layers, throw on a cute and warm hat, pop on your favorite scarf or even some fuzzy cabin socks. Bundle up in your heaviest, trendy winter coat with a fur hood, and make sure to stay cozy!

Senior at Temple University :)
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!