This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

DO go to the intimates section

It may seem like a waste of time, however this section may lead you to coming across the coolest finds. For example, right now slip dresses are 100% on the rise when it comes to fashion. Also, thin tiny straps and the dainty floral lace near the neckline are undoubtedly cute! This dress is lightweight enough to wear on its own in the warmer months, and layered with a long sleeve and a cute long jacket in the colder months. Also included in the intimate section are corsets that can become such staple pieces in anyone’s wardrobe. Dress it up with heels and some pants or dress it down with jeans and sneakers. ( PSA; these can also be versatile when it comes to the different seasons!!)

DON’T forget to check out accessories 

Many people forget about belts, jewelry, purses, and scarves. Don’t forget about them! Recently I have been obsessed with tiny little purses as lately tons of them have been surrounding the stores. Another trend to look out for would be scarves. As everyone and their mother knows (at least those who have Instagram) this summer was the birth of the trend of scarves as shirts. The funkier the patterns, the cooler the scarf can be. Lastly, my favorite part of thrifting would be venturing out to the jewelry section. Here is where the all time underrated things in the store reside. 

DO shop other gender 

Some of my favorite finds have come from the mens section. Clothes don’t have a gender, stop setting yourself short just because you shop in the women’s section. It makes complete sense, double the sections, double the opportunities for cool finds!

DON’T get discouraged

Thrifting takes time, and honestly it isn’t for everyone. Remember that everytime you walk into a store you aren’t necessarily going to walk out with gold. Thrifting is like treasure hunting, and that’s the fun of it, it makes your finds even more special. 

Now go find some cool stuff my friends! Also remember to try and thrift out of season so those who suffer from economic hardships can get clothes that they may need, and steer away from sizes that are too small or too big for you because there are also people that need those. 

Have fun! Continue finding fresh finds! 

Autumn is currently studying Media Studies & Production who enjoys hanging out with friends as much as the next girl.
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!