This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

I always used to think that podcasts were boring and dry, but I’ve recently fallen in love with them. From educational to light-hearted, to creepy. Whenever I’m taking a walk, cooking, or just hanging out, I always have a podcast on. Especially with social distancing and online classes, I use podcasts as a way to convince myself to get out of my apartment and take a walk. After much deliberation, I was able to narrow down my list of podcasts to my favorites. These are my top 3!

Duolingo Spanish Podcast:

Synopsis: This podcast is a series of real-life interesting stories (such as a Mexican man using rap to save his native language). The stories are mostly in Spanish, but an English speaking narrator gives context pretty frequently. The pace of speaking is not painfully slow and definitely is not too fast. It is also offered in French, which has a similar format. 

Rating: 10/10

Thoughts: I have recently discovered this podcast and I am honestly beyond thankful that I did. I am hoping to be a Spanish minor, so this will become immensely helpful with my pronunciation, listening skills and vocab. The stories are also genuinely interesting and it is so easy to follow! I will definitely be listening to this more in the future.  

Who Should Listen?: I recommend it to anyone studying Spanish or French! It does take a little bit of brain power to really listen, so I would not recommend listening while you’re multitasking, (which is when I listen to other podcasts)

Call Her Daddy:

Synopsis: I’m sure by now a bunch of you are familiar with “Call Her Daddy”. It features Alexandra Cooper, and in the earlier seasons, Sofia Franklyn. The girls talk about everything relating to sex, dating and guys, and they do not hold back… at all. It is a hilarious hot-mess. 

Rating: 8/10

Thoughts: I *like* “Call Her Daddy,” but as I have been listening to more podcasts, I found that it is not my favorite. Alexandra and Sofia have a hilarious dynamic, but Sofia left and the show isn’t the same. Although, this definitely is a fun podcast that you should listen to if you just want to escape all of the craziness of the world and feel like you’re having some girl time. 

Who Should Listen?: If your sense of humor can get kind of raunchy and you love boy-talk, then you should absolutely give “Call Her Daddy” a listen. Overall, if you’re looking for something fun and light, “Call Her Daddy” is totally for you!

Crime Junkie:

Synopsis: This is another popular one that I can’t get enough of. It has self-contained episodes of different true crime stories with commentary from two women. They make the tone of the episodes less dark, but in a respectful way where they aren’t making light of crimes. It is incredibly well researched but still very entertaining and easy to follow. 

Rating: 9/10

Thoughts: I love this podcast because I love true crime. Do I feel like a bit of a sociopath walking down campus listening to how serial killers murdered their victims? Yes. Do I care? Not really. This is something that I love to put on while I’m walking around, cooking dinner or cleaning my apartment because it’s so easy to listen to. 

Who Should Listen?: If you are even remotely a true crime fan, you should listen to this podcast! It is totally creepy, but in the best way possible.

Podcasts are becoming more popular for good reason: they’re great! These are only a few of the podcasts I love. Other amazing ones worth listening to are the “Bon Appetit Foodcast”, “The Rabbit Hole” and “The Michelle Obama Podcast”. There are so many amazing podcasts, and I’m still finding new ones everyday! 

Freshman at Temple University, with an interest in communications, social influence and marketing. Passionate about all things eco friendly and sustainable. Lover of writing, adventures & travel.
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!