This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Covid-19 has been a major weight on everyone this past year. Between limited contact and quarantine, this past year has not been anyone’s first choice. From a first year students perspective, having classes online is a very difficult task. From going from in person classes all my life to an abrupt switch to online classes, it has been a struggle. Another challenge that I personally face along with other students and professors is the connections you make with people by seeing them everyday. Temple University just announced some exciting news that they will be hosting a primarily in person fall semester.

Covid-19 Spring 2020

Covid-19 was an event that no one expected or was happy with. Being a senior in highschool, I lost many events and milestone celebrations that everyone gets in life. The class of 2020 got no graduation, and in my case, no senior trip, senior internship, and the hardest part for me was that I didn’t get to say goodbye to my teachers that I spent everyday with for the past four years. Personally, that hurt me the most because I saw these people almost the same amount of time I saw my family. On top of all of this, the class of 2020 had to enter their first year of college on Zoom. Many students chose to stay home to save money, meaning they also did not get a fall or spring semester. Overall, life has not been ideal for the class of 2020 or really anyone that is in high school or college. 

A Hopeful Future

After all of this madness, Temple University’s President, Richard M. Englet, announced on Monday that Temple will be planning for a primarily in person semester with a substantial number of students to return. After seeing this email, I became so happy because this is a sign that things will be starting to become normal again. Although things may never be the same, this might become the new normal. What I am most excited about is that I will be able to make new connections with my professors and peers. Also, as a first year student, I have not been around campus as much as a regular student. I have been to the library once, never have been in the Tech Center, and have never been in a school building. These are all things that every student should feel like they have easy access to. I also look forward to clubs. As an extroverted person, I love to be involved with my school and what it has to offer. Joining clubs has been very hard this past year, and even though I am in two different clubs, the environment is not the same. I am ecstatic about the plan that Temple has to offer for the Fall 2021 semester and hope that everyone keeps up health organization protocols to make this happen for everyone.

class of 2024 at Temple University. Undecided STHM major
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!