Taiwo and Kehinde Adewunmi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Ummm…I don’t mean to step on anyone’s toes or anything like that but ummmm….Taiwo and Kehinde (also known as Kenny) Adewunmi are the FLYEST twins at Temple University!!! Beautiful, intelligent and deeply involved on Temple’s campus, Taiwo and Kehinde have taken Temple by storm–and their only in their sophomore years. Powerhouses in their own right, Taiwo and Kehinde always bring positive energy, chill vibes and will definitely put a smile on your face. (They always put one on mine!) Hailing from Washington, D.C., these blessed and highly favored young women will in no doubt yield great change as both have bright and promising futures ahead of them!

Meet Taiwo and Kehinde!

Taiwo Adewunmi

Year: Second Year student/Sophomore

Major: Public Health; minor: Information Science & Technology

Age: 20

Hometown: Washington DC

Relationship Status: Single

What is your involvement on TU’s Campus?

         HEART Wellness Resource Center – Senior Peer Health Educator

         Temple University Organization of African Students – Fundraising Chairperson

         Temple University Having Ambition and Devotion for Service- Creative Director

         National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Temple University Chapter – Member

         University Housing and Residential Life: Resident Assistant, Healthy Lifestyles Living Learning Communities

What do you look for in a significant other?

A man who loves God, not only with his words, but also with his actions.

A man who is ambitious, respectful, and lives with a purpose.

Tell us a Fun Fact about yourself?

I like to take risks.

Role Models: Heather Lindsey

Favorite Artist (s): Mali Music, Andy Mineo

Favorite Food: Chicken Alfredo, Jollof rice & plantains.

What do you love about TU the most? 

During my first year, I was very involved on Temple’s campus. I became an active member of the Organization of African Student, where I helped to host the Mr. & Miss Temple Africa Pageant. Through this organization I was introduced to so many people I would not have met by just walking down Liacouras walk. I can honestly say that college is what you make it, and Temple makes it even more enjoyable because of the resources and hundreds of student organizations that we offer. Philadelphia is now my home away from home, and I have Temple to thank for that! 

Future Goals and Aspirations?

My short term goal is to graduate from Temple with honors and to also get accepted into the graduate school of my dreams. As a public health major, my interest lies within International health. My ultimate goal is to travel the world to reduce health disparities in underserved populations. I aspire to advocate for the most effective use of funds to discover and develop new medical interventions and bring them into use in the countries they are needed the most.

Kehinde Adewunmi

Year: Sophomore, 2015

Major: Finance, MIS minor

Age: 20

Hometown: Washington , DC

Relationship Status: Single, waiting for my bone

What is your involvement on TU’s Campus? I am a Resident Assistant in Johnson Hall., A SMART Owl Tour guide, Treasurer of HANDS (Having, Ambition N’ Devotion for Service) community service organization, member of NABA(National Association of Black Accountants. Member of OAS (Organization of African Students)

What do you look for in a significant other? Someone who is respectful, highly motivated, thoughtful, supportive, and knows and love God.

Tell us a Fun Fact about yourself? I have a twin sister!…and I’m double jonted.

Role Models: Heather Lindsey

Favorite Artist (s): I like Hillsong and Mali Music

Favorite Food: Shrimp Alfredo, plantains, Jollof rice!

What do you love about TU the most? 

No matter where you come from, you can find a piece of you somewhere on campus, a place where you can actually say that you belong or fit in. There is a piece of home here, our home away from home. Temple has so many resources and many opportunities for everyone and I love that!

Future Goals and Aspirations?

Graduate in May 2015. Get my Masters Degree in Risk Management. Change the world. Become the CFO of a firm. Travel and teach the word.

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!