Sweatpants Against A Wall
Sweatpants Against A Wall
Arianna Tucker / Her Campus
Style > Fashion

Sweats Are the New Stylish

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Sweats can be just as fashionable as skinny jeans these days.

It feels as though recently there is less pressure on looking good while attending classes. Almost on a daily, I see students around campus wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt or tank tops to their 8 am. After all, who wants to wake up early for class and have to find something cute to wear when you probably don’t want to go in the first place? However, there are ways to be comfortable and look put together at the same time.  We may want to wear our sweats to class, but that doesn’t mean we can’t style them up a bit. 

One way to do this is to pair your comfy soft sweatpants with a crop top. Cut-off tops are always a fun and cute way to make an outfit more flashy and with a nice pair of sweats, you’ll feel casual but also fashionable.  

If crop tops are not really your thing, you can also go for the tucked-in tank look. I always think that tucking in a shirt, especially a tank top, can instantly make an outfit look more put-together and trendy. Even with sweatpants, a tucked-in shirt can make all the difference. Throwing a flannel or button down over a simple-plain-colored shirt can also make the look come together even more. 

If you want to wear an oversized, warm sweatshirt to class, there are ways to polish that look as well. You can pair it with a comfortable pair of jeans, and even some stylish boots to add some flare or excitement.  

Although the weather is starting to get cool, I’ve also always loved the oversized sweatshirt and shorts look. It’s the ultimate comfort outfit, some loose-fitting or soft jean shorts and your favorite sweatshirt can be a simple yet staple outfit for those early mornings when you can’t pick anything out.

While it’s so easy to throw on your sweats to head to college classes, that doesn’t mean you can’t make it stylish. There are so many different pairings and fun ways to put together an extremely comfortable yet cute fit.  

I am a sophomore nursing major at Temple University; writing for the fashion and beauty section. I love to read, write, play with my dogs, and be outside! This is my first year as a writer for Her Campus, and I am so excited to get to be a part of this organization and get to express myself through my writing!