This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Music has been the one constant in my life. If you see me around campus, I will 99% of the time have one AirPod in listening to music. By now, I have a Spotify playlist for pretty much everything, whether it is one I made or one I found. One of my favorite things is listening to the mixes Spotify creates out of the songs I listen to on a daily basis. It includes songs I have already listened to and similar songs Spotify thinks I will like. Here are my current top songs for different moods or situations!

Happy:

1. Too Close by Alex Clare
  2. Maps by Maroon 5
  3. Partners in Crime by Set it Off featuring Ash Costello

Sad:

1. Heard you Crying by Michael Schulte
  2. She’s all I wanna be by Tate McRae
  3. Older by Alec Benjamin 

Focused:

1. IDK You Yet by Alexander 23
  2. Dandelions by Ruth B.
  3. Fake by Lauv and Conan Gray

Breakup:

1. Back in My Arms by Carlie Hanson
  2. Favourite Ex by Maisie Peters
  3. The Man Who Can’t Be Moved

Songs to Scream:

1. Princesses Don’t Cry by CARYS
  2. Serotonin by Girl in Red
  3. Control by Zoe Wees

Working out:

1. Uncomfortably Numb by Arrows In Action
  2. Red Flag by Natalie Jane
  3. WANNA BE by jxdn featuring Machine Gun Kelly

Falling Asleep:

1. Fingers Crossed by Lauren Spencer-Smith
  2. You Broke me First by Tate McRae
  3. Hotel Ceiling by Rixton

Disney/Nickelodeon Fix:

1. Surface Pressure from Encanto 
  2. Til I Forget About You by Big Time Rush
  3. We Don’t Talk About Bruno from Encanto 

Honorable Mentions:

1. Numb Little Bug by Em Beihold
  2. Emo girl by Machine Gun Kelly featuring WILLOW
  3. All the Ways I Could Die by Arrows in Action

My taste is all over the place with songs from Disney to pop to alternative to songs I found while scrolling through Tik Tok. I try to distinguish songs between moods and situations, but in reality, I have a lot of the same songs in multiple playlists since the tone can change depending on the songs played around the particular song. Play around with different genres for each mood to allow yourself to discover new music.

Katy Schiela

Temple '23

I am a Biology major with a Public Health Minor on the premed track. I love music and have some on almost 24/7. I am an animal lover, especially dogs and cats. I have two family dogs and I have an axolotl.