Rumor Has It She’s Done It Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

After a six year hiatus, Adele releases her new song “Easy On Me” upon her upcoming album, 30. Learn more about what her album is about, and what she’s been up to, these last few years!

That’s right, you heard me correctly, Adele is back in the public eye and she’s decided to bless our ears once again. After 25, her Grammy award winning album that debuted in 2015, became one of the most top charted albums – with hit songs like “All I ask” and  “Hello” – it’s no secret Adele blows us away every time. Each song growing more notable than the last for her incredible writing skills and poignant, enticing vocals.

Finally, after a hiatus, she has not only blessed us with a new single called “Easy On Me’’  but also a brand new album titled 30. With that being said, prepare your tissues and feelings as we roll in the deep and into her new single!

From the very first listen of “Easy On Me,” on her Instagram live, it was adamant she’d done it again; Adele had returned to her throne and was marking her arrival with yet another sensational hit. 

The song made its debut on October 15, 2021 and has since captured the hearts of the public by storm. Within one week, alone, the song has become one of the most listened to and streamed songs, with over 24 million views already. Not only is that incredibly impressive after a 6 year break, but it’s evidence of Adele’s incredible unmatchable power.

Upon truly listening to the song in its entirety, it was clear she’d produced another feeling-heavy track — a reflection of her own past struggles in her relationship. Recently, the legendary singer/songwriter has undergone a divorce which is perhaps a sad motivator for the production of this work in that it covers her experience and the healing process. 

As for my favorite part of the single, the chorus is a beautiful element of the song that showcases the strength in her vocal and the choked up emotional exhaustion behind the plea to go “Easy On Me.”

In addition to her wonderful songwriting, her music videos are a great example of her strength in expressing a story. In her recent music video, the scene that transitions from black and white to color as she sings her high notes is one of the most visually captivating. I assumed it was meant to symbolize her return to freedom and the feeling of such.

I can’t wait to see what else is in store for us in the future and, according to Adele’s 73 Questions with Vogue, there is definitely going to be more of this heartbreaking feeling to come later on. For now, let’s dry our eyes and wipe our noses as we count down the days to November 19. Hope to see you guys there! 

Currently, a junior at Temple University and apart of the Arts and entertainment section. i love books, fashion, movies, and naps, and a hardcore reality tv fanfic. A lover of aesthetically pleasing things, pink, and all things luxurious.