Disco Ball High Waisted Jeans Party Fun
Disco Ball High Waisted Jeans Party Fun
Molly Longest / Her Campus
Style > Fashion

Retro Revival In Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Trends are constantly coming and going, and due to social media sites such as Tik Tok and Instagram, there has been a large increase in microtrends. But one trend that is going to stay around for a while is the retro revival. 

The funky colors and patterns are making their comeback into clothing stores. Shops such as Cotton On, and Garage have been selling bright-colored clothes, including flair pants, halter tops, and cropped button-ups. Flower and squiggly patterns have made their way onto the tops and skirts. Halter tops, flair pants, and wide-leg pants made their debut in the 1960s, and the 1970’s.

Cher, being one of the biggest fashion icons from that decade, was often spotted wearing some form of flair pants, whether it was denim or silk. To continue on with the trends other stores such as H&M, Forever 21, and Zara have started to sell more brightly colored clothing such as matching skirts, top sets, and pantsuits. Accessories such as chunky rings, and mini bags had also been at a peak in the ’70s and are now back in style. 

Personally, I love the retro revival movement, and I think it’s cool how it is being incorporated into today’s fashion, such as the matching sets. The bright colors and patterns are fun, and it fits the spring, and summer aesthetic. As somebody who has worked retail for a few years, this is one of the most exciting trends I have seen in a while, and being able to dress the mannequins with the new product, and selling it has been enjoyable. With seeing all of these new products, it has also made me want to expand my fashion taste as well. 

Despite trends constantly changing, the retro revival movement is here to stay for a while. There are numerous ways to incorporate vintage styles into modern-day looks, whether it be with pieces, shoes, or accessories.  

Katie Leis

Temple '25

Hi! My name is Katie and I am the TikTok Coordinator for the Temple University Chapter! I post lots of things about our staff as well as pop culture topics, as well as TikTok trends.