Profile: Maddie Archambault

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Maddie Archambault, 20, is a sophomore advertising major with a concentration in copywriting and a certificate in English writing. Formerly a communication studies major, Archambault felt like advertising suited her better and changed her major earlier this year. Maddie grew up in the suburbs of Reading, Pennsylvania. Despite it’s “scary” reputation, it’s still home to her. You’d recognize Maddie as one of the many stylish women at Temple.

Maddie is a part of Temple’s Fashion and Business Club, which is actually how she became interested in fashion.

“I’ve always really loved clothing and expressing myself through the clothing I wear, but I was never trendy. Last semester, I got involved with the fashion and business club and that definitely got me more into actual fashion and trends, which I can now appreciate a lot more.” says Archambault.

She has a very individual style that she describes as “eclectic and all over the place”. She’s not one to repeat outfits (um, Blair Waldorf anyone?) and has an affinity for black. Two of her staple pieces are black: the perfect pair of skinny jeans and killer booties. Want to buy the clothes she wears? That’ll probably be tough, because she buys most of her clothes from Goodwill. Maddie draws her style inspiration not from a model or celebrity, but rather from different decades.

“The 70s is definitely my favorite because I like how you can throw on some flares and a striped t-shirt and just look effortlessly cool. I’ll also pull certain looks I like from the 60s, 80s, and 90s too and try to give them my own twist.”

We love it.

Maddie has been with us at Her Campus Temple at the beginning of her sophomore year, and we couldn’t be happier about it. She began as a staff writer for the site, but was promoted to Campus Life and News Editor this past semester. Her hard work and impressive writing/editing skills did not go unnoticed.

“It’s a lot of responsibility and definitely more of a time commitment. It’s totally worth it, though. I’m learning valuable skills that I can take with me into the real world.” she says.

Since December, Achambault has been a Style Guru for College Fashionista, an online style magazine for influential, stylish and driven #girlbosses. A Style Guru is, in it’s most basic form, a contributor to the College Fashionista website. She seeks out fashionable people on campus, takes their photos, and does write-ups on them. She promotes her articles and the College Fashionista brand on all of her social media platforms, so give her a follow!

Maddie isn’t so sure about her future, but she knows that she’ll be using her creative gifts and communication skills.

On her career goals, she says, “If you would have asked me this question two months ago, I would have said my career goal is to be an editor at some fashion magazine. After changing my major, I’m not so sure exactly what I want to do. I’d like to do social media for a brand I really admire, but probably the ultimate goal would be to be a copywriter at a creative agency.”

She knows that choosing Temple was the best choice in setting her up for the real world. She graduated from a class of 59 students, so she knew before she even applied, that she needed to be in a big city for college, especially if she was going to pursue a career in the communications field. To Maddie “Temple just made sense”.

“Temple has really opened my eyes to the world of opportunities that are around me and in doing that, it has helped me figure out what I am most passionate about which is writing. As for fashion, Temple is kind of a melting pot of style. It’s really interesting to see what people are wearing and how different trends are interpreted. Some people don’t stick with the trends at all, they just rock their own style and I think that’s really cool.” gushes Maddie.

You can find Maddie in Paley Library, her second home and also her place of employment. The fashionista loves all kinds of writing, not just journalistic. She writes short stories and poems in her free time. She’s also a reader, though college often gets in the way of reading for pleasure. She loves photography and painting, specifically watercolor. Basically Maddie is just a creative genius. Ugh, can we be you?

Temple University, 2019. Magazine journalist and editor, fitness instructor, health and wellness enthusiast. Proponent of lists, Jesus, and the Oxford comma. Will do anything for an iced oatmilk latte. Follow my journey: Twitter + Instagram: @sarah_madaus
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.