Profile: Julie Yeroushalmie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

When it comes to making dreams reality, Julie Yeroushalmie takes as many opportunities as she can to achieve her goal of becoming a festival dancer all over the country. 

Yeroushalmie, a former sophomore at Temple University, discovered her passion young when she started dancing at the age of four. She grew up training in classical ballet but has done other styles such as jazz, modern and pointe.

“Dancing is what I’m passionate about. As cliché as it sounds, it’s what I live for,” says Yeroushalmie.

As she got older, Yeroushalmie got into the rave scene and quickly adapted to the carefree, energetic environment. Her first rave was in 2013 when she saw Datsik at the 9:30 club in Washington, DC. While her older brother was the one who got her into EDM music, Yeroushalmie was hooked onto raves and festivals since her first show. 

“Seeing all the creative expression and freedom to be who you are and the unity between the ravers was so beautiful and I instantly fell in love,” says Yeroushalmie.

She’s attended many raves and festivals throughout the past couple years and is often seen carrying her hula hoop.

Hula hooping is a type of dance she’s engaged in since 2014 and she recently purchased an expensive yet beautiful hoop that changes into different patterns depending on the type of movements she does.

“I never knew there was so much you could do with a hoop.” 

So far in her career, she has danced at clubs in DC, including Flash, a club owned by her father.

She also got the chance to dance at Moonrise after being asked to perform and submitting an audition. She performed on one of the four stages with a group of girls during the late afternoon for both festival days.

Yeroushalmie can’t wait for more opportunities to come her way. When she isn’t dancing, she is either working on make-up, hanging with friends, or taking a million pictures of her dog, Sparky.

I'm a senior at Temple University. I've worked with Her Campus for over two years and have been a staff writer, campus life and news editor, and opinion editor. When I'm not working on my writing, I'm usually out exploring Phildelphia. I also enjoy drawing, taking pictures of interesting scenery, and listening to music. Follow me on Instagram @raayyychell and Twitter @rachelameliaaa.
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.