Melissa Schank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Looking like the epitome of fall perfection, Melissa Schank knows how to play it cool when the temperature drops. Here she wears a tan Express skirt with a dark grey camel neck sweater from Second Time Around, a thrift store, and perfectly worn in brown leather boots from Impact, another thrift store. She ties the outfit together flawlessly with a light grey Kirra sweater, black tights, and a fall-tastic scarf from H&M.

Name: Melissa Schank

Year: Senior

Major: Advertising

What are you most excited for this fall?

I’m definitely excited for pumpkin carving and hot chocolate. My birthday just passed so that’s something I love about fall. Long walks are also amazing in the fall because of the leaves changing.

What are your favorite trends this fall?

I like lace a lot. And leather too. I actually love combining them together. It’s kind of girly and bad@#$ at the same time. I just bought this red leather, or I guess imitation leather, skirt that makes me feel like ‘Damn I’m bad’ when I walk into the room. I like furry boots, regardless of what happens in life they will never be out of style to me. I like to feel like an animal, like a snow leopard walking through the tundra of Temple University.

Where are your favorite places to shop?

H&M, thrift stores like Plato’s closet and Second Time Around, Express, and Free People if I could afford it.

What are your staples? What must you have in your closet right now?

Definitely a plethora of skirts, leggings, and stockings.

What’s your go-to outfit?

Throughout the Summer I loved to wear this grey mini skirt from express with a red and tan graphic crop top.  Now that it’s cold I just add a billowy black sweater, black leggings, and boots to the equation and I’m good.

If you could be any fashion icon, who would it be and why?

Lady Gaga.  She can wear whatever she wants and get away with it. I’d also like to be Miss Jay from America’s Next Top Model because she’s fierce, wears what she wants, and doesn’t care what people think.

Sounds like two awesome people to dress up as for Halloween; do you know what you’re being yet?

Yes, actually I do! My friends and I are all being characters from The Wizard of Oz; I’m the Cowardly Lion.

Where do you find inspiration for your style?

Definitely the people around me like my roommates, friends, and co-workers and the people I see every day on the street.

Any last words of advice?

Don’t wear it if you aren’t comfortable.

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!