Kwashee Totimeh Adds Style to Homecoming Campaign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Do you ever catch sight of this fly guy strolling through campus? Oddly enough, not a week goes by that I myself don’t catch a glimpse of Kwashee Totimeh. This senior has established himself as a major presence on Temple University’s campus through his online college connection website, his fashion endeavors and his overall outgoing personality.  

This advertising major has put his craft to use in promoting his unique, creative vision and community organizing efforts to make Temple a connected campus. In the running for Homecoming King, Kwashee wants your vote to secure his title at the top.

If you were a salad, what part of the salad would you be and why? “I’d be the iceberg lettuce. It’s the strongest kind of lettuce and holds the salad and everything together.”

Hobbies: “Some things I like to do are sketch and help out others.  This past summer I created my own website called “What’s The Wave,” and when I started it I was thinking about the best way to connect college campuses and make a home for musicians and clothing designers to show their work. I also have my own clothing line called Artistic Integrity. There’s an E-Shop I set up as well for people to be able to purchase clothing from me and other designers.

Most embarrassing moment: “Aha, when I was younger, in middle school, this girl was talking on the school phone to her parents and I decided to hang it up without her asking. She slapped me.”

Plans after college: “After school I want to travel the world.”  Kwashee wants to visit different countries sharing his hobbies and interests such as music and designing and gain insight on what other cultures are creating.  

Why should you be Homecoming King? “I like to be active in a lot of organizations and I’ve been involved within one org or another since freshman year. I think it’s important for people to be engaged on campus and there is a lot going on that many organizations offer, so I like to think I do my part in promoting events and highlighting what’s going on to build up the campus community.  I like to meet new people and continue to engage with the people I’ve built friendships with.  Without these orgs, the people that are in them and the events they organize, Temple wouldn’t be what it is.”  

You can vote for Kwashee or any of the other Homecoming candidates on Temple’s Homecoming Court website.
Young creative thinker looking to produce and write film and television.
Jennifer Nguyen is a senior journalism student at Temple. She has been a part of Her Campus Temple since its formation in 2010 and being a part of HCTU has been one of the best things she has ever done. She aspires to be a magazine writer in New York after graduation. Jennifer is passionate about learning more about the world around her and hopes to travel the world one day. As a journalist, she strives to share the stories of people whose voices need to be heard. In her spare time, she loves reading French literature, learning languages and watching Bravo reality TV shows.