Kayne West is At It Again…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Kanye West is at it again. This time he took his antics to the Grammys when Beck won the Grammy for Album of the Year. Kanye was quick to pretend to take his Grammy away announcing that Beyoncé should have won. He is claiming he pulled the stunt as a joke in reference to his MTV Video Music Awards outburst with Taylor Swift. In all honesty though was he really joking? Or does Kanye truly believe that Beyoncé is seriously Queen Bee?

During an interview with Ryan Seacrest Kanye stated that it was a “little jolt of the truth.” So he did mean it? He goes on to further say that, “So the voices in my head told me go and then I just walked up like halfway up the stage. You know, what I really wanted to do is just joke around about what had happened before, but I just really didn’t want to take away from Beck’s moment or the time he’s having to talk. So I just walked back down because you know, it was kind of a joke like the Grammys themselves.” Kanye really knows how to stir up drama. He also goes to say that Beyoncé is one of the “most respected musicians in the game.” Although Kanye pulled the stunt as a joke he still truly believed that Beyoncé should have won the Grammy for Album of the Year for her album Beyoncé. Instead Beck won with his album Morning Phase.

Overall the reaction from both Beck and the crowd was nothing but humorous. Both Beyoncé and Jay-Z were astonished and enjoyed a good laugh at Kanye’s joke. Beck even asked Kanye to come help him finish his acceptance speech because he was surprised that he won too!

Lindsey is a senior magazine journalism major at Temple University. After she graduates in May she hopes to return to NYC, which she fell in love with this summer during her ASME internship at Real Simple magazine.