How to Survive an All-Nighter at the TECH

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Professors are already handing out midterm exams and Spring Break is already a thing a thing of the past and before you know it’ll be time for finals.  Long, tiresome nights at the TECH Center are almost inevitable but these tips can help get you through them. Here are your essentials.

1.Drown out distractions

Make sure to have a good pair of headphones on hand. You don’t want to be stuck hearing the guy next to you crunch on his bag of chips. You also probably don’t want to listen to the TECH speakers blast the infamous pre-recorded voice asking you to limit cell phone use to the lobby area and refrain from eating in the computer labs.

2. Have a drink

Bring a beverage and snacks! Water or another refreshing drink will keep you hydrated while you bang out your studying. Another option is to make use of the Starbucks on the lower level. Snacks like pieces of fruit or a small sandwich can stop your stomach from growling loudly and embarrassingly.

3. Set the tone
Put your headphones or ear buds to use with Pandora Radio if you don’t have an iPod or other musical device.  Pandora is completely free and will create a radio station exclusively for you. It may help to pick a genre of music that gets you pumped up.

4. Don’t dress to impress
This may seem like a no-brainer but make sure you’re comfortable. You’re going to be sitting for hours and it helps to have breathable, functional clothes. Save your skintight jeans and wedges for your next day of classes.

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!