Her Campus Temple tries on Hijabs!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

On Wednesday, Her Campus Temple & Temple Muslim Student Association teamed up and had an awesome discussion about the Misconceptions of Muslim Women in the Media. At the event, questions were asked to dispel any stereotypes and misconceptions so that we each had a better understanding of one another. We discussed various topics such as marriage, polygamy, female empowerment, dating, feminism and more. 

We also had an awesome speaker, baklava and we tried on hijabs!

Take a look at some more pictures! It was such a great event!

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!