This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

For me, clothing has always been about self-expression. I am always looking for unique pieces that speak to me on a personal level. For underwear, I have never felt drawn to any company. Victoria’s Secret always felt too “sexy” for me and only showed women with a different body type than mine. My friends and I would go into the Victoria’s Secret at our local mall and pick up lingerie and giggle, but it was never a serious task. When I got older, I still had not found the right underwear company that made me feel confident in my own skin. That is until I found Parade!

When I found Parade on social media, I immediately loved their feed. I followed a few girls who represented Parade on their Instagrams, which made me want to try their underwear out. I bought several different pairs in a few different styles. 

Here’s why you’ll love the company:

1. Diversity: Parade’s social media presence immediately shows how diverse and inclusive their brand is. Their sizes range from XS-3XL. Parade’s models represent different races, genders (women and femme-identifying individuals), and sexualities. They celebrate diversity and aren’t shy about it.

2. Affordability: Each pair of Parade underwear ranges in price from $9-$13. For college students, this is such a good deal. They even have different packs that you can get at discounted prices.

3. Sustainability: Parade is a sustainable brand, which can be quite difficult to find in the underwear industry. Their core fabric is called “Re:Play,” which Parade explains is made out of “85% recycle polyamide… and are free from harmful chemicals that pollute your skin and our waters.” Their packaging is made out of 100% corn starch, which is compostable. 

4. Sex Education: Parade also donates 1% of all of their proceeds to Planned Parenthoods across the United States. Parade is a big advocate for having access to proper healthcare, so when you buy from Parade, you are supporting Planned Parenthood and other similar organizations. 

5. Women-Owned: Cami Téllez founded Parade when she felt like there was no underwear company that talked to the 18-25 year old demographic. There were hyper-sexualized underwear companies and other brands that were the complete opposite. She wanted to create a brand that embodied a “technicolor aesthetic that celebrates self-expression, while keeping inclusivity, sustainability, advocacy, and community at its core.”

6. LGBTQ+ Community: On September 2nd, Parade announced that they were going to donate 1,000 pairs of underwear to five different LGBTQ+ organizations, including GLITS, The Okra Project, HYPE Center by Freedom Forward, Trinity Place Shelter, and Pridelines. This donation was announced at the same time as the launch of their drop “Technicolor,” which they released a campaign for that was done only by LGBTQ+ cast and photographers.

Here’s why I loved my Parade underwear:

1. Design: The technicolor aesthetic of Parade has always caught my attention. I love the color pink, yet every color option they have is enticing to me as well. I am also completely in love with all of the designs that Parade has to offer. Some underwear has mesh, checkered patterns, and some even have embroidery on them. They meet in the perfect middle between sexy and comfort.

2. Easy Wear: The fabric that Parade uses is very supportive, yet allows breathability. I found that even the high-waisted thong that I bought doesn’t feel like I’m wearing anything! It is the most comfortable underwear I have ever bought.

3. Confidence: I find that I feel very confident in every pair of Parade underwear I own. I think this is because of the funky colors that I think express my personality, and the ability to see the underwear on other models that have a similar body type to mine. When I was younger, I would buy underwear that was modeled on someone with a completely different body type, and feel disappointed when it didn’t look like that on me. I think Parade’s representation is one of the biggest draws for me as a consumer.

Trying Parade underwear for me really changed how I view underwear. Underwear can provide another way to express yourself, even if few people will see it. It can make you more confident, and not to mention, you’d be buying from a company that is sustainable and supports sex education. No matter what your comfort level is, Parade has a pair of underwear for you!

I am a junior Communication Studies major. I am passionate about sustainable fashion, thrifting, and hiking.
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!