Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

The leaves are changing to beautiful different colors and gracefully falling to the ground.

It’s getting slightly chilly outside, but at least it’s not dreadfully freezing outside, like winter. This means it’s officially hoodie and pumpkin spice season; two of my favorite things about fall. The two make a great combination this time of year. Hoodies are comfortable, cute, and perfect to wear in this weather. Starbucks makes the best pumpkin spice latte. If you haven’t tried it you’re definitely missing out. It’s a good way start the new season and it will keep you warm from the chilly weather as well. Even though these two amazing things happen this time of year, here are 7 other reasons why I love this season:

1. Perfect Weather

In fall the weather isn’t too hot or too cold. In the summer and winter it usually ranges an extreme temperature while the spring time can be confusing. Fall is right in the middle and has a perfect balance.

2. Fall Clothing

Girls can wear cute flannels during fall in all different colors. They’re great for a casual look and to wear to class.  You can never go wrong with flannels and you can wear them in a different style every day. Also, fall is a season for wearing cute sweaters, hoodies, jackets, vest, scarves, and boots. You can literally wear anything in fall.

Personally, I love wearing flannels and sweaters, especially during fall with my knee-high boots and leggings. It goes well with my outfits and it’s really easy to wear out. It doesn’t take any effort to dress for fall and that’s the beauty of it. You can wear something simple yet still look fabulous.

3. Bugs Are Gone

I know bugs are not really gone but there are no hornets, wasps, and mosquitos flying outside. I like summer, but one annoying thing about the season are bugs are always flying outside and trying to bite you. It’s really irritating when you get a mosquito bite out of nowhere and you are scratching it all the time because of it, making you unhappy. Thankfully, that doesn’t happen during the fall, so we can all be happy and bug free. Until next summer comes.

4. Holidays

Halloween and Thanksgiving both happen during fall.

Halloween is a fun holiday because people can dress up, wear cool costumes, and wear usually anything they want without being judged. People also get to eat free candy. Who doesn’t like free candy? Movies like Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown are also on T.V. during the month of October, aka the best Halloween movies ever

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, not because we’re off from school, but because you get to celebrate it with extended family. This includes eating delicious food, watching the football or the Thanksgiving parade, and being thankful for everything. No offense to my family, but I really love Thanksgiving because of the food. There is such a huge selection of food that I can stuff my face with.

5. All Things Pumpkin

Fall means pumpkin everything. That includes pumpkin carving, pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin scented candles, etc.

My personal favorite is pumpkin pie with vanilla ice-cream on top. Decorating pumpkins is also up there because it gives you the freedom to be creative and you can bond with family over this. You can’t have autumn without pumpkins.

6. Fall Foliage

In my opinion, fall has the best scenery out of all the seasons. The leaves are changing into beautiful colors, such as red, yellow, and orange. These colors match the combination of the season and it makes everything bright and pretty. The sky is a bright blue with a hint of grey, looking pretty before winter takes place and makes the sky darker. Fall is very Instagramable because you can take great pictures of the leaves falling, capturing all the beautiful colors. This season is perfect for capturing on social media.

7. Seeing Your Friends Again

When I came to Temple University in my freshmen year, I became friends with a lot of students from out of state. I didn’t get to see them over the summer because everyone went back home. I was happy to come back to campus because I finally got to hang out with my friends again. I missed them over the summer, so coming back to school in the fall allows me to reconnect with my friends again, and make new friends as well.

There are many other reasons to love fall, but these are my favorites. Why do you love fall?

I study journalism at Temple University. I’m desi and the happiest person anyone could ever meet. I love writing, reading, and dancing.