The Golden Hookup Playlist

Have you ever been in the middle of a hookup and realized how quiet it is? Or have you ever wondered how to make the mood a little better, but didn’t know exactly how? We all know music is the solution to this dilemma, but think about this: being in the midst of hooking up while playing a random playlist and suddenly a song completely ruins the hot vibe and you just have to stop and laugh about it. You stop your makeout sesh and realize you can’t get into it while a super sad song plays in the background. Is it emo hour now? What?

Okay, I got a little carried away there. Well, if you so happen to at least relate to some of these questions, here are some songs you can add to the golden hookup playlist, ranging from your typical smooth R&B to alternative songs.

1. 1. “Kiss it Better” by Rhianna

Are we surprised Rhianna is the first one mentioned? No. This is pretty much the epitome of the “hookup mood.” Also, who doesn’t love Rhianna?

2. 2. “Habit” by Still Woozy

This one still keeps that R&B vibe, but with a little twist that I can’t point out. Just trust me on this one.

3. 3. “Talk” by Khalid

A pretty basic song, but still fun nonetheless. This one has more of an upbeat and happier sound to it.

4. 4. “Purple Emoji” by Ty Dolla $ign, J. Cole

This song gives a really fun combo of a slow to mid speed tempo, but also exciting with Ty Dolla $ign’s rap.

5. 5. “SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK” by Joji

Alright, here we have very basic song number #2. But, I think we can all admit this is a pretty solid “go to” song for having that “good time.” Wink.

6. 6. “Finally Fallen” by Cody Lovaas

With a little bit more of a deeper pop sound, this song has a more mid speed tempo. Perfect for a hookup or just something to vibe to in general.

7. 7. “All the Stars” by Kendrick Lamar, SZA

This song blew up for a REASON. Since this is from the “Black Panther” movie soundtrack, it carries a more catchy beat with SZA’s chorus, but kicks in a little stronger with Kenrick’s verses, making it super cinematic. Haven’t we always wanted a hookup like in the movies, ladies?

8. 8. “Where Were You In The Morning?” by Shawn Mendes

Although Shawn is a pop artist, this song is a lot more of a “let’s listen to this in the morning after” type of mood despite how the song literally describes him questioning his one night stand’s disappearance in the morning. Just ignore that! LOL.

9. 9. “Still Don’t Know My Name” by Labrinth

First things first, every single song in the “Euphoria” soundtrack is an absolute BOP. But, this one is perfect for the mood we’re looking for. Labrinth absolutely SNAPPED on the soundtrack.

10. 10. “The Less I Know The Better” Tame Impala

A fun hookup song that makes you want to move your body side to side as if you were dancing.

11. 11. “Woman” by Harry Styles

I have nothing to say except hooking up is just better with Harry Styles involved. That’s it. 

12. 12. “Chanel” by Frank Ocean

Frank Ocean = ultimate hookup artist. I mean, it’s Frank Ocean. You can NOT go wrong. 

13. 13. “Gooey” by Glass Animals

This song definitely leans towards a more alternative sound with a mid-fast tempo, but has a very groovy sound to it. Perfect for a little more pep in your step. 

14. 14. “Wait a Minute!” by WILLOW

This song might carry the quickest pace on this list, but it’s definitely a good one. A much more fun tone that theres a chance you might get up and dance together (do it!).

15. 15. “Loose” by Daniel Caesar 

Like Frank Ocean, you can not go wrong with Daniel Caesar. He is the slow and vibey KING. Always 10/10 recommend.

16. 16. “Feels Like We Only Go Backwards” by Tame Impala

Yes, another Tame Impala song. More instrumental but still really fun to listen to when you want to change it up a little bit.

17. 17. “Come a Little Closer” by Cage the Elephant

For sure an alternative sound, this song is instrumental and has more of a pop, rock-and-roll sound. But, again, you always need to switch it up here and there.

18. 18. “BLEACH” By BROCKHAMPTON

Perfect for those who prefer more of a rap sound.

19. 19. “Redbone” by Childish Gambino

Okay, basic song number #3, but why not? Nothing wrong with basic — if it’s good! And it is!

20. 20. “Loving is Easy” by Rex Orange County, Benny Sings

Even if you’re not a relationship person, Rex Orange County will make you fantasizing that  your adult sleepover guest is your three-year-long boyfriend. HA.

21. 21. “dRuNk” by ZAYN

Let’s add another ex One Direction member, why don’t we? While Harry went towards a more rock-and-roll sound, Zayn embodied a catchy r&b sound.

22. 22. “Unwind” by Healy 

Just a good ol’ slow and moody jam. 

23. 23. “4EVER” by Clairo

Both upbeat and groovy, this song is equally as good for putting on makeup while getting ready for your hookup as it is during the actual hookup. 

24. 24. “Lavender Kiss” by The Licks

This song has the classic drum pattern in all the smoother songs, but a tiny edge with the guitar. It’s for sure a slower song, but the singer’s voice is romantic.

25. 25. “Shea Butter Baby” by Ari Lennox, J. Cole

This is a perfect combo of that sensual female voice matched with J. Cole’s rap. It also picks up at certain points, so there’s more range.

26. 26. “Let’s Fall in Love for the Night” by FINNEAS

More romantic with lyrics and has a great range in tempo, this is a good one. Fun fact, Finneas is Billie Eilish’s brother and producer. A family full of talent!

27. 27. “break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored” by Ariana Grande

It’s Ari, you gotta love her. That’s it.

28. 28. “I am” by Jorja Smith

This is another song from the “Black Panther” soundtrack. It has a much deeper beat, setting the mood just right. “Black Panther” is really giving us variety.

29. 29. “Just a Stranger” by Kali Uchis, Steve Lacy

I am going to use the word “groovy” and “smooth” for the last time, I promise. But, this song is both. This is another song you can also have a little imaginative (or real) dance party to.

30. 30. “Do I Wanna Know?” by Arctic Monkeys

Last, but certainly not least. For my 2013 Tumblr kids who were obsessed with this type of sound, here you go. 

Some of these songs might not be your taste and that’s okay! Play around with your preferred sound and explore even more options. This playlist has no specific order so you can even get creative with the tempo and mood of it.

Happy hooking up!