This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

With COVID-19 going on, it’s difficult to get together with those closest to you. These spots will allow you to safely socialize while enjoying the festivities of Christmas and socially distancing. I chose to write about the Shady Brook Farm Holiday Light Show, Peddler’s Village, and Christmas Village. There’s many more places that you could visit that are just as uplifting, but I found these three locations to stand out the most because I’ve personally been to them in the past and I’m a Pennsylvania girl at heart, so I go to these places whenever I can!

Shady Brook Farm Holiday Light Show 

Shady Brook Farm is located in Yardley, Pennsylvania. The farm is known for its seasonal events, specifically for their pumpkin picking and light show. The light show is made up of three million lights that are illuminated on acres of farmland. Shady Brook also has a small gift shop after the light show where you can purchase hot cocoa and tasty treats. They sell Christmas trees and ornaments as well. I’ll provide all the information you need for this specific location. 

• Peak night drive-thru (per car)- $35

• Value night drive-thru (per car)- $25

• Peak night wagon ride- $18/ person

• Value night wagon ride- $15/ person

• November 21-Jan 10

• 931 Stony Hill Rd. Yardley, PA 19067

Peddler’s Village

If you’re on a budget and you just want to look at some festive shops, Peddler’s Village is the place to go. Peddler’s Village is known for its events and festivals and gives an old fashion village vibe with 65 shops. There’s so many things that you can explore in this village, but I would say that the yearly gingerbread house competition and display that is held in shop number one in the courtyard would be my favorite. The creativity that comes from gingerbread, frosting, and candy just surprises me. The village is usually closed early, but shopping hours have extended for the holidays. I’ll provide the address and time for this location and reviews for this site can be found on their website if you plan on visiting. 

• November 27-Jan 10

• 10am-9pm (Mon-Sat) & 11am-7pm (Sun)

• 100 Peddlers Village, New Hope, PA 18938

Christmas Village

Christmas village is one of the most well known places to visit in the Philadelphia area. It’s located near City Hall and it’s known for its small shops and picture worthy spots. If you’ve seen the Christmas tree lit up in Center City, you’ll most likely know what I’m talking about. The village also has an ice skating rink and a light show that appears every minute or so. It’s a must visit place if you’re new to Philadelphia or if you’re around the area. The village itself is free unless you purchase something or if you park nearby. The stuff you buy at the little shops aren’t cheap but they are somewhat affordable. I’ll list the times and location below!

• 1501 John F Kennedy Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19102 

• Sunday-Thursday 11am-7pm and Friday-Saturday 11am- 8pm

Take some time to visit these astonishing places before they close up for the season. Most of these locations are open to the public for at least a month, so go with your family and friends on the weekend and take some memorable pictures. Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy the end of the year!

Hi! My name is Joyce and I'm a Freshman advertising major at Temple University I will be writing for the Arts and Entertainment section for the 2020-2021 school year :)
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!