This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Netflix’s hit series, “Outer Banks,” just released its third season, and fans of the series have tons to say about the new episodes.

The Netflix original series, Outer Banks, first premiered in April 2020 and was an instant success. Fans were obsessed with the lifestyle portrayed in the show, as it was aimed at a teenage audience. The characters, the music, the love stories, and the treasure hunts, everything about it had viewers hooked. It was renewed for a second, then third, and now a fourth season.  

OBX3 was released on February 23, 2023, exclusively on Netflix. After waiting about a year, fans of the show were ecstatic about the release. After finishing the season though, they have a lot to say about it (spoilers ahead!).  

First, viewers were not huge fans of Big John and felt that his presence was annoying at times. They have posted their frustrations with his character throughout social media platforms, saying that he treated John B poorly. Some were also angry with Sarah’s storyline with Topper.  

The Poguelandia storyline was a big hit with fans, and they enjoyed the first few clips of the crew on the island, feeling as though it was more like the season one aesthetic of the show. Fans were also excited to see JJ and Kiara’s romantic relationship emerge, as well as Pope and Cleo’s.  

OBX was already renewed for season four, which was announced at the OBX-themed festival in early February. Fans, including myself, are excited to see what storylines the creators give us in the next season and whether the show will be renewed again.  

I am a sophomore communications major at Temple University with a minor in Criminal Justice. I currently write for the Fashion and Beauty section of Her Campus Temple!