burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

DKNY Dazzles at New York Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Once again New York Fashion Week has come and gone faster than we could buckle our Louboutins. While the fashion world will be turning its eyes to London, Milan and Paris for the next month, back in the states we’re still recovering from the sublimely chic shows that hit the east coast this past week (along with the snow that came with them).

DKNY turned out to be the chicest of the chic, doing New York proud with its fresh Donna Karan take on downtown fashion. 

The show began with all black, featuring fur and sequins, along with incredibly cool baseball caps and leather in the most innovative places.

The models, including Soo Joo Park and Sasha Luss, as diverse as the city they were in, were of various shapes, sizes and backgrounds, giving the audience the true New York vibe that Karan never fails to incorporate into her shows.

After the tidal wave of black swept the runway that left us gasping for more, Karan hit us with a fresh take on houndstooth that was anything but tired.

Just when you thought she couldn’t top her marvelous furs and insanely mod sneakers, down struts a bombshell with cobalt blue winter wear, followed by a babe in bubblegum florals.

The show was a beautiful ode to the bold, carefree woman of New York. It was a masterpiece, and I know you can’t wait to get your hands on it!

Savannah is a graduate of Temple University, now pursuing her lifelong dream of living in NYC. She enjoys perusing second-hand books stores, staring at the work of Egon Schiele, and listening to Keith Richards shred his electric guitar.
Jennifer Nguyen is a senior journalism student at Temple. She has been a part of Her Campus Temple since its formation in 2010 and being a part of HCTU has been one of the best things she has ever done. She aspires to be a magazine writer in New York after graduation. Jennifer is passionate about learning more about the world around her and hopes to travel the world one day. As a journalist, she strives to share the stories of people whose voices need to be heard. In her spare time, she loves reading French literature, learning languages and watching Bravo reality TV shows.