This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Just weeks after publicly sharing the untimely passing of their newborn child, Chrissy Teigen returned to Twitter on October 27 to share a lengthy Medium post about her experience.

Teigen and husband John Legend, parents to 4-year-old Luna and 2-year-old Miles, expressed their excitement to welcome the newest member of the family into the world as Teigen posted from the hospital. Unfortunately, she shared an intimate Instagram post on October 1: “We are shocked and in the kind of deep pain you only hear about, the kind of pain we’ve never felt before.”

Teigen’s article addresses the before, during, and after of her experience. “People say an experience like this creates a hole in your heart,” the public figure writes, “A hole was certainly made, but it was filled with the love of something I loved so much. It doesn’t feel empty, this space. It feels full.”

Teigen and family received an outpouring of support on Twitter, where she has amassed 13.4 million followers at the time of writing. The article provoked responses from other figures such as Hillary Clinton, Mindy Kaling, and Ellen DeGeneres. 

Teigen’s post is a beautiful acknowledgement of an unfortunate event that too many families experience, but hopefully her courage and eloquence will help support those who are recovering from something similar. Now that she’s back on Twitter, our timelines will all be a little more lively!

I'm a journalism student at Temple University who is passionate about music and entertainment!
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!