Campus Fashion Trendsetter: Nicole Leo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Name: Nicole Leo
Age: 20

Major: Broadcasting, Telecommunications and Mass Media

Minor: Business

Year: Sophomore

Fashion Inspiration: Blake Lively, because she is the only celebrity Nicole knows that doesn’t have her own stylist- she picks all of her clothes, and she is a big risk taker.

Trends you love: Any trend that has not become a trend yet; she wants to make her own trends. Currently, Nicole has been playing with hats and hair accessories.

Describe your style: Creative and unique, fashion-forward, and something that people don’t really expect.

Where do you shop? H&M, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Urban Outfitters

Are you interested in a fashion job in the future? Yes, probably in fashion marketing.

Do you ever get nervous or embarrassed to try something new? No, never. Nicole would rather give it a shot; if she likes it, she doesn’t get offended if others don’t. She usually confuses people before she impresses them… but she aims to throw people off.

How did you obtain your style? Nicole says it definitely took a lot of bad decisions, but now she often looks at magazines and looks at what is going on in Hollywood. She is obsessed with runway shows, and then she makes up the other half.

What do your parents say about your style? They think she is weird “as hell,” but they are fairly used to it now- although, that doesn’t stop the looks.

What style changes are you looking forward to most in the summer? For this summer Nicole is planning on wearing: high waist shorts, overall shorts (and attempting to bring them back in style), and wild bright colors; she plans on mixing colors that aren’t normally mixed.

Are you sad to see your winter clothes go? Nicole hates to see any of her clothes go. She especially loves jackets, boots, and scarves, and will hate to pack them all away.

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!