Brendan Kemmerer ‘12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

As a single girl, it’s hard to resist the urge to curse at Ryan Gosling’s latest enchanting movie character, or throw Nicholas Sparks’ newest captivating love story to the ground. At one time in our lives, each of us, as young women, has reserved the right to declare, “There are just no nice boys out there!” Now, c’mon ladies. Let’s get down to the nitty, gritty, not-so-nice truth of the matter- the secret that no one wants to share because it sounds too superficial, too pretentious. Girls simply don’t think there are any nice boys who are also cute. It’s true. Most hot guys have a big head and a serious attitude problem. It’s time to put down the torches and pitch-forks and step away from the Disney World princess, because there is in fact a nice, attractive young man right here on Temple University’s campus!

Name: Brendan Kemmerer

Nickname: BR
Major: Architecture
Minor: Business
Year: Senior
Age: 24
Relationship Status: Single
Hometown: Quakertown
Favorite Movie: Lord of the Rings, specifically the Two Towers.
Favorite Book: The Count of Monte Cristo
Favorite TV Shows: Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, The Office, White Collar, New Girl, Dexter
Favorite Band: One Republic
Ideal girl: Somewhat independent, has her own friends, active, enjoys being spontaneous, is comfortable being outgoing, has her own interests, has a good relationship with her family, is Christian and somehow involved with her church, who wants to travel and explore, and can hold a conversation.
Major turn-off: Profanity.
Ideal date: A picnic at a lake, followed by kayaking.
Future Career Goals: An architect, hopefully in a firm. Ideal situation would combine both hands-on construction and design work.
Hobbies/Interests: Soccer, the Flyers, pizza, architecture, anything with an engine (go-karts, four wheelers, etc.), sports in general, hunting, golf, snowboarding, Rome (he studied abroad there and fell in love… with the place, not a girl- don’t panic, ladies), lakes and beaches, and spending time with friends and family.
Fun Fact: He is currently studying to get his pilot’s license.
Inspiration: His dad because, “He’s just good at everything.”

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!