zodiac signs cancer pisces gemini?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
zodiac signs cancer pisces gemini?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Illustration by Her Campus Media

Book Recommendations For Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

In a reading slump? Let the stars pick out your next big read

Have you been struggling with finding out what to read next? With the new semester just starting you may not have any time for free reading, much less time to pick something out. Why not let the stars pick your next big read?

1.) Aries – Girls Burn Brighter by Shobha Rao – When Poornima meets Savitha, her world is turned upside down. Poornima starts to imagine life away from her arranged marriage and village but when Savitha goes missing, Poornima sets out to find her. In Girls Burn Brighter, Shobha Rao showcases the issues of women today which includes domestic abuse and human trafficking. The Aries’ in your life are going to love the bright, passionate, determined nature of the characters in this book.

2.) Taurus – You Truly Assumed by Laila Sabreen – Sabriya, Zakat, and Farah start an online journal, “You Truly Assumed”, to provide comfort for Muslim teens around the country in the wake of a terrorist attack. Together they struggle through pushback and threats to the blog and persist to make their voices heard. The Taurus in your life is going to love to read about their persistence, stubbornness, and courage in the face of adversity. 

3.) Gemini – The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett – After leaving their small town, twins Stella and Desiree drift apart. From the 1950s south to 1990s NYC, their lives mirror each other until they meet again. The Gemini in your life will love the dichotomy of the sisters’ lives and be intrigued by their surprising parallels. 

4.) Cancer – Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn – When two girls are found dead, journalist Camille Preaker is sent back to her town to investigate the case. This book is packed with intrigue and mystery set against the drama of a tumultuous small town. The Cancer in your life is going to love the raw emotions and palpable tension in this novel. 

5.) Leo – Fiona and Jane by Jean Chen Ho – Childhood best friends, Fiona and Jane, explore Los Angeles, teen life, and hardships together. But, when Fiona moves to New York and Jane stays in California, the girls drift in and out of each other’s lives. The Leo in your life is going to love how dynamic these characters are and how their friendship changes over time. 

6.) Virgo – Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera – Virgo lead, Juliet Milagros Palante, is leaving the Bronx and heading to an internship in Portland, Oregon after just coming out to her family. The novel follows Juliet’s journey in Portland and coming to terms with her sexuality. The Virgo in your life is going to love the pacing and thoughtfulness of the novel, while still finding ways to let go and relax with this story.

7.) Libra – Cool For The Summer by Dahlia Adler – Lara starts her senior year of high school after a romantic summer spent with a girl named Jasmine. However, she still has a crush on football star Chase Harding. Lara spends the novel trying to navigate her love life once Jasmine shows up at her school.  The Libra in your life is going to love the butterflies that come with new feelings and new love. 

8.) Scorpio – My Sister, The Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite – Korede’s sister, Ayoola, kills her boyfriends, Korede covers it up. In this novel, Korede has conflicting feelings about her sister, but still believes family always comes first. The Scorpio in your life is going to love the intense plot and conflicting emotions set over Braithwaite’s biting wit. 

9.) Sagittarius – Foreign Soil by Maxine Beneba Clarke – Peering into the lives of those across the world who are lost and broken, this novel tells the stories of multiple people whose lives are in a state of constant change. The characters go through a journey to figure it all out. The Sagittarius in your life is going to love the personal connections and perpetual movement present in this novel. 

10.) Capricorn –  We Play Ourselves by Jen Silverman – Once promising, now scandalized, Cass, escapes to Los Angeles in an attempt to reinvent her life. She finds herself working for her neighbor, Caroline, a filmmaker who is documenting an underground girl’s fight club. The Capricorn in your life is going to love the tale of manipulation, success, and ambition that Cass spins. 

11.) Aquarius – The Girls by Emma Cline – Set in the Age of Aquarius, 1960s, The Girls follows Evelyn as she becomes involved with a woman named Suzanne who invites Evelyn into what would later be known as an infamous California cult. The Aquarius in your life is going to love the action and mystery of the cult and its hold on Evelyn. 

12.) Pisces – Shit Cassandra Saw by Gwen E. Kirby – Retelling stories of women at their toughest across history, Shit Cassandra Saw presents women who push against the constructs that define and repress them throughout a time period. The Pisces in your life is going to love the resilience and raw emotion in this book. 

I hope you find the book you’re looking for in the stars, or at least get some good recommendations. 

Hi! I'm Giovanna. I'm from Philadelphia and I'm an English Major and Temple in my sophomore year. I love reading, writing, music, and crocheting. I'm really excited to be writing for Her Campus this year.