Style > Fashion

Beyonce Released a New Collection With Adidas, and I Couldn’t Miss Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It’s safe to say that Beyonce knows how to stop the world, especially after releasing her second collection of Ivy Park x Adidas “Drip 2”. The first launch of her Ivy Park collab with Adidas back in January of this year was undoubtedly a success, with it selling out in hours. The colors orange, white, and maroon were found on her gender-neutral activewear, footwear, and accessories. During that intense moment of the launch, just to have something from her collection was what I anticipated most. However, like me and many others ready to receive good news on our computer screens, nothing from the collection was added to our carts. Since everything sold out so fast, it was hard to achieve anything. Although, when news broke on Instagram of her second release coming out on October 30th, I stepped up my game and prepared myself to purchase something.

Beyonce released two initial sale dates for her collection to be released. Oct 29th was strictly for online purchases on the Adidas website, and the 30th was for in-store purchases at Adidas and other websites carrying the line. It was short notice for fans to prepare their wallets if they wanted to get anything from the collection. Throughout the time, Beyonce and “weareivypark” posted many promotional photos of what to expect with the entire line. This drop was quite similar to her first one but with vibrant colors and sizes ranging from XXS to 4X. 

There was a countdown presented to me on the Adidas website, so I put multiple things in my cart that I knew I needed to purchase. I wanted to make sure that I would finally be able to buy something. Well, unfortunately, once I pressed express check out, everything in my cart was sold out. My jaw nearly dropped to the ground in utter confusion. I was expecting that to happen with some items, but not with every single item that I wanted in the collection. 

I was able to check out with the Ultraboost OG ‘Hi-Res Yellow’ sneakers and the 3-pack logo socks. At that moment, I was just relieved that I left with something and not empty-handed. The next day, I had a second chance to get the sneakers I wanted, and I most definitely snatched them up before they were sold out. My anxiety was through the roof during those two days, but in the end, it was worth it. 

Click these links to see a few posts of her collection “Drip 2” on the Instagram page @weareivypark: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG8IvFnhIQl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Collection name: AZURE

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG8I5_eh-u0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Collection name: CANARI 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG8I8W2Bqem/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Collection name: CORAL LAKE 

All while her collection was being released, she kindly reminded everyone about the importance of voting and that the ballot box is essential. I respect that she gave this message to her fans and made it clear that her collection drop is not the most important drop!

My experience with Beyonce’s latest collection was a real rollercoaster. I had to make sure that I was on the website on time, while also checking other websites that were selling the items I wanted. I’ve always been a big fan of Beyonce and the many things that she’s done in her career so far. As a fan, I have to say that Beyonce pulled it off with this collection, and I can’t wait to see what she does next.  Queen Bee always delivers. 

I’m Taylor Carmichael and I’m an Senior Journalism Major at Temple University. I’m all about happiness and living life to the absolute fullest. I enjoy dressing out of my comfort zone and taking tons of cute photos. If I’m not sticking my head in the books I’m enjoying time with my friends and going on memorable adventures. I’m outgoing, love to make people laugh and just having a good time.