This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It’s that time of the year again! Winter is the best time to snuggle up in a blanket, put on your favorite holiday movie, and get cozy by the fire with yummy hot chocolate. One of my favorite things to do during Christmas time is creating or replicating hot cocoa recipes. It’s really fun making holiday drinks and treats with family and friends. Below are just a few delicious drink recipes that you can try out this year!

French Hot Chocolate

This is a spin from the classic hot chocolate that you’re used to making. Trade in the boring hot cocoa powder, for something a little more unique. Trust me, everyone will be shook if you whip this out at your next holiday party. It’s super easy, and takes less than 10 minutes to make! Simply add milk, powdered sugar and heavy cream into a pan and set it to medium heat on your stove. While this is heating up, chop up some tiny pieces of dark chocolate. Once the pan is hot enough, add your chopped up dark chocolate and stir. Simple as that, and you’re all done. The main ingredient you’ll taste is the heavy cream. This recipe definitely steps up the hot chocolate game!

Vanilla Mocha Hot Chocolate

This drink sounds like it came straight from a Starbucks menu. It’s as simple as mixing milk, maple syrup, chocolate powder, vanilla, and coffee powder. Then just heat it all up!

Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

This drink is like a Reese’s cup in a drink. It’s only 3 ingredients: cup of milk, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. And for toppings you just need whip cream, chocolate syrup and melted peanut butter syrup.

White Hot Chocolate

If anyone is a white chocolate fanatic like me, this is definitely the drink for you. I feel like white chocolate is an essential for the holiday season, especially with a little bit of peppermint, which you can totally add to this recipe. This recipe also includes an orange zest, which adds extra flavor to this festive drink!

Gingerbread Hot Cocoa

It’s as simple as whisking chocolate, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and ginger into a bowl and heating it up. Afterwards you just have to pour it into your favorite mug and enjoy! Definitely top it off with some whip cream and marshmallows. You could even add a little gingerbread man on the top to create an even cuter look. This is perfect for a cold winter night!

These are just a few seasonal drinks that literally take less than 10 minutes to make. These hot chocolate drinks are great for a night in or to show off to friends at your next Christmas party. And you never know, one of these recipes could be your next go-to drink. Plus, making seasonal treats really puts you in the Christmas spirit!

Hi! I am a senior marketing major at Temple University! I have been a part of Her Campus Temple for three years now and it has furthered my passion for writing and creative content!
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!