The Best Google Chrome Extensions to Add to Your Computer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

If you use Google Chrome on your computer, there are tons of cute and helpful extensions to add! These can range from help with school to aesthetically pleasing designs to daily activities. The best part is that many of these are free. Just check out the Chrome store and you’ll find tons of results instantly.

Custom Cursor for Chrome

If you’re looking for ways to make your browser look better, check out this extension. With this, you can change the icon of your cursor. There are usually two options and are anywhere from colored arrows to Stranger Things-themed ones. Who wouldn’t want to have a little Steve Harrington floating around their screen? This is a fun way to spice up your homework too!

Cite This For Me

This is a built-in citation helper which is extremely helpful when you’re looking through tons of articles for that upcoming research paper. There are tons of formats to choose from. All you have to do is click on the extension and it pops up in the corner of your screen. Then you can copy it and make any changes if needed.

Celestia

For the astrology fanatics to casual readers, this is a daily horoscope extension that is super fun! Whenever you log in on a new day, an alert will pop up telling you to check your horoscope that day. Bonus, you can see your whole chart and your compatibility with other signs. You can even connect with friends through Celestia too!

Screen Shader

If you’re staring at a screen all day, this is the extension for you! Screen Shader will add a yellow tint to your screen to block blue light. This is especially helpful if you wear glasses and can’t wear blue light glasses. You can adjust the saturation of the yellow tone if you need to see colors clearly and set a timer on it!

Forest

A cute way to stay focused, Forest is a digital tree planting sight that keeps you motivated. You can set times to do work. You also have to create a blocklist that will keep you off of those sites– *coughs* Amazon– during a study session or Zoom class. Forest also has an app for your phone which can keep you off of it at the same time.

If you’re looking to be more organized or productive, check out the Chrome Web Store for tons of extensions! Extensions can also be found on TikTok! 

Jeanne Burge

Temple '24

Jeanne is a sophomore Journalism major at Temple University. She is from Wallingford, PA.
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!