Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Who Should You Kiss On New Years Eve Consider Your Friends?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Canva
Style > Beauty

Being Nice Makes You Hot… It’s Science!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

In a world running rampant with beauty tips and tricks to realize the full potential of your divine feminine, one childhood lesson could simply be the answer to everything. Kindness is key. 

Scrolling through TikTok recently is basically rummaging through Bella Hadid stan Twitter with all the ‘Bella Bots’ and gas station paparazzi videos. But past all the platform Uggs and model off-duty looks, Bella’s natural charm and inner beauty seems to be a defining factor of her positive reputation. 

There are countless videos of her being extremely kind to fans, fellow models, industry employees, and more. The comments on these recorded moments are saturated with praise for her charisma and thoughtfulness when approaching and caring for others.  

This praise for Bella Hadid serves as a great reminder of the innate beauty in kindness. Being able to carry yourself in a way that is open, warm-hearted, and conscious of those around you is a huge part of attractiveness. Psychology researchers at the Journal of Personality have even reported scientific evidence to back this up. Across 59 studied countries, kindness was proven to be the most desirable personality trait when determining the ideal partner.  

For women, specifically, I think being kind is a vastly important practice due to the lingering social stigmas that pit us against one another. Your energy precedes you, so show up as the woman who is willing to care- something that many people are afraid of. The vulnerability of opening yourself up to others and expressing good intentions is infinitely courageous, especially today.  

Even Audrey Hepburn, an iconic symbol of feminine beauty and grace, shared the sentiment: “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” 

There is so much beauty in caring for others, smiling at strangers, and cultivating strong relationships with those around you. Kindness makes you hot. That’s it. That’s the article.

Rylee is a Senior Editor at Her Campus Temple University, editing articles for the Opinion section and still writing her own for publication. Prior to this, she was a Staff Writer for the Fashion and Beauty section of Her Campus Temple. Outside of Her Campus, Rylee works as a Peer Mentor for Temple University's Housing and Residential Life, where she assists residents with all things related to academics, mental wellness, student conduct, and social life. Rylee is also the co-President and Editor-In-Chief of Lunar Journal- Temple University's first and only intersectional feminist literary magazine. She is a member of Alpha Alpha Alpha, the national academic honor society, recognizing high achieving first-generation college students. Alongside these endeavors, Rylee is in her second year of completing a Bachelor of Arts degree in English under Temple's College of Liberal Arts and Honors College Program. In her free time, Rylee enjoys writing poetry, maladaptive daydreaming, reading romance novels, buying small trinkets, watching episodes of Moomin, visiting her hometown of Las Vegas, and cuddling her orange tabby cat, Couscous.