Ask Izzy: Izzy’s Dream Girl, Turn-Offs and Getting “Him” to Notice You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

We’re back with our next set of questions and answers from yours truly. I am more than elated that you all have been submitting thought-provoking questions. This week, I will be answering some more questions. I hope the answer will be both helpful and beneficial to everyone in some way. With that being said, let’s just get to it.

Anonymous Asked:  What is your ideal woman?           

Wow. I could go on and on about this one. My ideal woman is a woman who is genuine and confident in who she is. I love a woman that has a sense of humor. If you can make me laugh then we’re most definitely going to vibe.  One thing about me is that I do not like to be bored. That doesn’t mean that we have to go out all of the time, though. We could be having a stimulating conversation and I would be pleased with that, as long as we can connect on a personal level. I also admire a girl who has ambition because that only drives me to do better and be great. We can empower one another and keep each other on our toes at all times. I am 6′ 2″ tall and I like girls that are shorter than I am.  I don’t really have a huge preference when it comes to skin complexion, but I do like deep eyes and a full set of lips. I have a habit of looking people in the eyes when I talk to them. Very few women can stare me back in the eyes for an extended amount of time while in conversation. Why? I have no idea. I’ve been told it looks like I’m staring into the souls of others, but I just like that type of communication. It’s cool to be with someone that has a good sense of fashion, too. I love clothes and getting dressed. There is something sexy about a woman who knows what you like and how you like it. My ideal woman is a woman who is trustworthy and loyal.  I’m not the type of person to track down my woman’s every move.  It’s imperative that I can build a relationship based on trust because I am not ever going to be “that guy” who’s always asking, “Where you at? Who are you with? I don’t want you around him/her.”  I’m sure you know someone like that. At the end of the day, my ideal woman has her own goals and aspirations, is confident, comforting, supportive and beautiful (of course). 

Anonymous Asked:  So I’m having an issue. There is this boy that I really like and we text and talk quite a lot but he sometimes tells me to come thru so he can eat me. I’m not completely opposed to that but I really like him in a way that’s more than sexual. What do I do? What do I say?      

If you like him more than sexually, you definitely should let him know that. Whether you decide to take that next step with him is up to you. I’m not trying to knock anybody’s hustle. I definitely don’t think that you should just avoid him if you are interested in him. I don’t know what you’re thinking when he tells you that, but you should get to know him if you want more than that. See where his head is and what he wants because the last thing you want to do is get your hopes up with someone who doesn’t have the same feelings you do. Hang out with him. If you’re nervous about going to his place, meet somewhere and hang out with him.  If you really like him, take initiative to make more of the situation. Just do not be foolish and enter the situation without being straight-forward about what you want and how you feel about the situation. Many people don’t tell people how they feel because they believe that people will just know what they’re thinking. It’s definitely not that simple and that gives the other person leeway to say, “I didn’t think it was that deep,” OR “How was I supposed to know that’s what you thought?” The worst case is that you can say how you feel and he doesn’t feel the same. Just come into the situation with a clear understanding when it comes to what you expect and want. I hope this helps you out.

Anonymous Asked: What do you think are some examples of turn-offs for a guy?

This is just what I think. Some of the things that I think are turn-offs for a guy are bad hygiene, insecurity, clinginess and uncontrollable attitudes/moods.

Bad Hygiene: Nobody wants to deal with someone who doesn’t take care of his/her own body. Appearance definitely is important and it’s the first segment of a first impression. It turns me off if someone smells bad or doesn’t carry their self like I know they could. I am also a bit of a hygiene freak and I think that having a clean body is a great thing. 

Insecurity: Being insecure often leads you to come up with your own assumptions about things in life that may not be as accurate as you believe in your mind. Insecurity is the reason some people believe that someone is out to get them or doing things behind their back. We get angry when we are being accused of things we aren’t doing. I can tell you first hand that it’s annoying.

Clinginess: I understand that some people like to be close and that’s fine, but there are those people that want to cling to you 24 hours a day. Let the person breathe a little.

Uncontrollable attitudes/moods: There are people that just cannot control themselves when conflict arises. Self control is a very attractive trait and there’s something sexy about someone who knows how to maintain themselves in difficult situations, especially in public. 

Anonymous asked:  How do I get him to notice me? I wear perfume so when I walk by he’ll look up, I dress nice in class, I even make small talk but I don’t think he really sees me. What to do?

It sounds like you’re doing everything but being straightforward. I’m not saying approach him and just blurt it out, but small talk can be annoying and he probably doesn’t get the hint. I’m sure you’re not the only person who dresses nice and wears perfume, so that’s not setting you apart from everyone else. There is nothing wrong with approaching a guy and asking him out for lunch or something like that. Some people just really do not know how to take a hint so you have to be a little more aggressive if you want him. You would hate if another girl in class just goes up to him and makes a distinctive move and then you just miss out because you wanted to have small talk. In my opinion, life is too short to waste time giving people hints. It’s 2014. Go for what you want before somebody else takes it.

Don’t forget to keep sending your questions to ask.fm/askizzyhctu or use the hashtag #askizzy on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Jennifer Nguyen is a senior journalism student at Temple. She has been a part of Her Campus Temple since its formation in 2010 and being a part of HCTU has been one of the best things she has ever done. She aspires to be a magazine writer in New York after graduation. Jennifer is passionate about learning more about the world around her and hopes to travel the world one day. As a journalist, she strives to share the stories of people whose voices need to be heard. In her spare time, she loves reading French literature, learning languages and watching Bravo reality TV shows.